Is this HSV-1 virus?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I scratched that area as it was slightly itchy and i may have overdone it such that it caused an abrasion. Is this a HSV-1 infection? Its yellow as i have applied some lip balm over it other wise its clear fluid.

thank you.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

In my experience with herpes labialis, the symptoms you describe sound like those of an infection caused by the virus, although the lesion seems quite small to me.

Herpes labialis lesions consist of multiple fluid-filled blisters that clump together causing itching and pain. When these blisters burst, sores open up that look like micro craters that soon form a yellowish/brownish crust.

I cannot say with full certainty whether or not this is your case, so I recommend seeing a dermatologist or general practitioner.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.