anxiety

depression

Low testosterone at 13nmol

mood swings

excess urination

clay coloured stool / diarrhea

TSH 1.6

Free t3 5.3

free t4 10.9 ---is this low?? The normal range on the thyroid uk website was 10-22

i am a 19 year old male and I have had these symptoms for 3/4 years that have slowly gotten worse and have been tested for nearly everything but nothing has come back positive.

im convinced though that I have either adrenal fatigue or hypothyroid, does my t4 suggest this??

thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dan,

I'd be very cautious about asking for others to confirm any diagnosis you think may apply to you.  The symptoms you have could easily pertain to other conditions, so it is best not to read into them what might appear to fit the diagnosis.  I urge you to go back to your doctor.

• Posted

It might also be worth speaking to a pharmacist too.
  • Posted

I had a Thyroidectomy when I was 19 after 4-5yrs getting really hyper and treated for anything but Thyroid.  One time nearly got so worked up I could have committed suicide!!  To this day (I am 70 now!) I don't know if it was the right thing to have done! Since then have had various immune problems, these all have similarities making a diognoisis very difficult even for the professionals.  My Dr. 20years ago told me to treat each ailment as it shows.  This was after having a positive AntiNeuclearAntiboidy result!! I find every flare is different.  I have had Rheumatoid, Fybromyalgia etc at various times, now diognoisis is Sjogrens  Syndrome and feel good for nothing! Next week due to have 2ndnew knee, that's if my thyroid improves, after years of being normal on 100 levethyroxin my pre op blood test came back low!

very frustrating, my advise is to get sorted, and rule out other immune diseases. I hope this is of help? You are young and need to be correctly diognoised. I find stress causes me the most flare ups. Anyway good luck!!

• Posted

Hi Dan - indeed a poorly functioning thyroid can have many different symptoms. I have just reached a T4 of 20 and I'm beginning to feel better smile

But I do agree that you need to be professionally diagnosed, bearing in mind that results to blood tests are very often far from conclusive but sadly taken as gospel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.