Is this hypothyroidism or just depression?

Posted , 4 users are following.

No significant weight gain but 

- really bad depression

- apathy 

- extreme fatigue, constantly tired all the time, have to nap every afternoon 

- heart palpitations 

- difficulty concentrating 

- poor memory 

- itchy eyes / sensitive to light 

- loss of interest in actitivies and people 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Alot of what you say does sound like some of the symptoms I have but best to be checked out.Sometimes it could be missing vitamins in your body.Good luck.

• Posted

I went to my docotor about 6 months ago with these symptoms but he just diagnosed me with depression and said that it was pointless taking a blood test for thyroid because I was missing major symptoms like weight gain, hair loss and sensitivity to the cold. 
    • Posted

Your doctor is incompetent. Nor even a blood test. Get another doctor. Your symptoms are entirely consistent and you don't have to have all of them.

any competent doc will do the test if only to rule something out. Unbelievable!

• Posted

Try taking feroglobin iron capsules. Even if your iron levels are ok in your blood tests. I take one a day and the results are fantastic.

They are about £10 for 3 months supply but well worth it.

Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.