Is this IBD? Something like Crohn’s? Or IBS?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone,

quick back story on me: September of last year i had my gallbladder taken out. Had a lot of digestive problems. I almost died as i couldn't hold anything down. 2 months later, i was diagnosed with c diff which is a bacterial infection of the colon. I took Vancomycin which is a antibiotic, 2 months later i relapsed with c diff, put on another vanco course, then Dificid which is a antibiotic made especially for c diff. i just finished it this past Sunday.

Now i'm still having nausea, loss of appetite, i'm now constipated, i get heartburn sometimes, pass a lot of gas all day, center of my tummy is tender, i burp a lot, i'm losing weight because of the nausea and loss of appetite. My heart rate stays up past 100. I get stomachaches sometimes. When i use the restroom, when i wipe, it's yellow. i feel weak and shaky. Can't sleep right. I'm on a bland diet, have been for 7 months.

A few months ago, my GI did bloodwork and everything came back normal. i've also have had CT Scans, Upper Endoscopy. Those came back normal. I had a MRI, and it showed mild inflamation in my colon, but my GI wasn't worried.

I'm depressed because of all of this. i've been dealing with this for 7 months. The nausea is the worse. I can't work right now. My GI can't figure out whats going on.

I just want to know what is going on with me.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to mention, i used to have diarrhea before the trouble with my gallbladder. now i go back and forth between constipation and diarrhea.

• Posted

I wish i could eat yogurt, but diary messes with me now. I can't have any.

• Posted

You could have dairy if you switched to products which are sold under the free from range in the shops. There are ways round it.You could also try probiotic foods such as sourdough bread. Try researching probiotic foods.

• Posted

Check out bile acid malapsurption. I got it after having my gallbladder out

• Posted

you've only just finished all those antibiotics, so its no wonder you feel awful. c.diff. is nasty and puts your system through the wringer, and the anti biotics add to this.

keep eating bland foods little and often. get your Dr to prescribe some anti emetics for the nausea. you can also try peppermint and ginger.

• Posted

I have Zofran and Phenagren, but it only takes the edge off. I've tried ginger and peppermint, it doesnt help.

• Posted

Gallbladder removal can cause a lot of complications such as bile acid malabsorption which causes diarrhoea. This condition can often be missed and is diagnosed by a SECHAT scan.You can get treatment for this to regulate your bile salts. Lack of your gallbladder can also cause IBS which can cause alternating bowel habits, gas, burping, nausea and abdominal pain. Your heart rate may be altered especially if you are anxious. Go back to your doctor and ask about these conditions. If they can't find anything wrong in your tests, you may have IBS which doesn't show on scans.

• Posted

hey i have all these symptoms except the c.diff or atlease bloodwork comes back fine, i had my gallbladder removed almost 6 months ago thinking this was the only problem i had, most problems i had went away and as you mentioned Diarrhoea went away only occasional i have it but i have been sick and i dont know why because all the bloodwork i took came back negative, i had a endoscopy and colonoscopy done in feb and only thing she said was found was haemorrhoids, acid reflux and IBS she makes it sounds so like its nothing bad but if this is really IbS Symptoms am having then its a nightmare and my acid reflux is horrible to the point where i would wheeze and cant breath, all these things combine made me have depression and anxiety and these make the symptoms 10 times worst i dont know what to do, i get lightheaded to the point where my heart rate go up fast and high, i seen a cardiologist cant find nothing but before or prior to surgery my ecgs wasnt normal and he said it could be acid reflux or bile reflux, these damn doctors has not done a thing for me, how did they know you had c.diff ? and your symptoms seems semilar to mines so you could have IBS maybe the heartrate thing can be anxiety, or a vitamin deficiency issues causs i strongly Believe thats why i feel like this but i have horrible acid reflux and anxiety so that can play apart, i just want more answers and i know you do too

• Posted

i did a stool sample, and it was positive for c Diff. I'm frustrated that i don't know whats going on. I have a doctor appointment next week, and shes going to have to do something. Try different medicine or something. I can't keep living like this. i haven't been to work in a month, and i'm close to losing my job.

• Posted

hello

you really have been through it.

I actually got more constipated and then had alternating with diarrhoa after gall bladder removal. I was put on domperidone for the reflux./nausea I saw a herbalist when my ibs kicked off originally. she really helped me to be able to eat(i lost 16lbs ) good luck

• Posted

yeah i lost 25lbs in 3 months. it scared my husband. i started gaining weight back because my doctor put me on Mirtazapine which is a anti anxiety med, it's also a appetite stimulant, but after a few months it stopped working so i'm losing weight again because i'm hardly eating.

• Posted

hi shannon, have you been prescribed an antacid? i take ranitidine, which stops the nausea when your appetite is shot. ginger will really help the sickness. i feel for you having c-diff! good luck, but hopefully you're now on the mend.

• Posted

I tired all the otc antacids, and my doctor even tried a prescription antacid. it didn't help. i've tried ginger and peppermint, it doesn't work. i've looked up a bunch of home remedies, and nothing helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.