Is this IBS?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Is all this pressure I'm feeling really just IBS? I have constant pressure in my stomach that radiates to my back and causes pain. But, if I rub my back I burp and I feel better for a few moments or if I pass gas I'll feel better for a little while but the pain is Intense. it'll go away if I don't eat but soon as I do eat something it's a right back. I can't believe all of this bloating and gas is just IBS, is this what it feels? I have constant burping, stuffed feeling, mid and lower back pain that come and goes (better with bowel movement, passing gas, or burping), constipation, and diarrhea. Are these the symptoms? Does anybody else feel the same type of pressure in their abdomen? I like to add, sometimes the pain is so intense I consider going to the hospital but then feels silly like who goes to the hospital for IBS? Other times it tiggers my anxiety because I'm getting nervous that there's something else wrong with me. I have this pain before I got my gallbladder removed and and thought it would go away and it didn't. I'm so over this I just want to feel better. If anyone can relate, has any helpful tips, or at least share some of the same symptoms I look forward to your reply. I truly need the support.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi sarah, i do think this is IBS or gastritis or something. You need to check in with your doctor if you haven't done so already. keep noting down what food does this. just watch at the moment. don't do anything until after you've seen your doctor.

• Posted

Sarah, have you had tests done? I know I get all of those things with IBS. I also have mild gastritis. I get this pressure beneath my ribs that radiates to my back and it is soooo uncomfortable. it always has a mild burn or sting sensation. one doctor says its bowels another says its the gastristis. either way these symptoms are all related to IBS as long as all other things have been ruled out.

• Posted

hi sarah i to have this i suffer from ibs and chronic gastritis get pain across the ribs Mainly from trapped wind so uncomfortable feel like u have put on 2 stone or had a massive meal Also get it in my back upper middle pain & stinging

• Posted

Sarah,

Have you tried Simethicone? I use that for the times I'm extremely gassy and it works.

• Posted

Have you been diagnosed with IBS? IBS really can cause the symptoms you describe. Gallbladder removal can cause IBS.

• Edited

My gallbladder removal exacerbated my ibs symptoms so severely I can barely stand it. Non stop bloating and trapped gas is so painful. I can barley eat anything any more. It caused severe gastritis and rib pains, indigestion and many strange sensations. I wound up with hiatal hernia, gerd and lower intestinal pain that is almost constant. I thought I was going to die a few times.

• Edited

Oh no that's terrible. I almost feel the same way tho I ha the symptoms before my gallbladder removal but it seems even worse now. But yesterday was a great day I had no pain at all but I've been taking digestive enzymes and a probiotic and they maybe helping me however I'm not too keen on taking supplements that I know nothing about. I'm going to see my GI doctor tomorrow but they are so unhelpful sometimes it makes me sad.

• Posted

Hi Sarah I know exactly how you feel I have all these symptoms since having my gallbladder removed,I was told after the 'operation that I would be able to eat anything but I can't,I can only only eat bland food and take Simeticone for trapped wind,apparently the bile that the gallbladder stored now drips into the small intestine making it harder to digest certain foods.

The only tips I can give you are eat smaller meals,take the Simeticone and drink plenty of water,perhaps someone else can give you and also me some tops after having what we're going through.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.