Is this ibs or cancer

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I am a 16 year old boy who has been stressing about my stomach/ bowel I am scared to go to the doctors because I fear they will say i have cancer what does this sound like to you and would you go to the doctors does it sound like any kind of cancer or is it just ibs: I have thinner stools than normal but they are still normal just a bit thinner than normal but they don’t worry me sometimes pencil thin only when I really force a stool out is it pencil thin I have this weird discomfort in my belly I can’t really discribe it it almost like you really need to the poo, I also almost always feel like I need to go to the toilet but when I distract myself I don’t need to go anymore other wise I have no abdominal pain no blood in poo or when I wipe when I feel like I need to go to the toilet and I can’t get anything out and I push really hard it’s not mucus it’s more of just like I squeased a little bit of diarear out. Does this sound like ibs or cancer if you guys think it could be cancer I will go to he docters if not and you think it is ibs I will leave it and change my diet and see how that works I also have no weight loss my mum and dad say wait and see if I get any blood in my poo or any weight loss but I fear that if it was cancer then it would be too late to cure it message back asp so I can possible book a docters app

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Also sometimes when I feel as if I need to go to the toilet I just fart a lot and loses of mucus like stuff comes out I also have no weight loss or blood anywhere and no lumps on my belly or back 
  • Posted

Get lab work. Need to check white blood count. You need to go to doctor. Its best that you do. Stop worrying about cancer. No blood in stool is a good sign you don't have a worse problem. Relax stop take a deep BBC breath. You must take care of yourself. Good Luck.

• Posted

Thankyou I feel better now I will get a white blood cell count do I need to go to the docters for that 
  • Posted

Your diet, anxiety, IBS, or other abdominal disorders that aren't cancer can cause those symptoms. From experience, people I know who had/have bowel cancer almost always had blood in stool and unintended weight loss. Even if you have these symptoms though, it could be something other than bowel cancer. Like, IBD (my brother got that when he was 16). It could be IBS, but in my opinion it sounds like anxiety. Also, how is your diet? If you're not eating enough fiber or drinking enough water, abdominal problems can occur. Most doctors would probably laugh if you asked about bowel cancer. It could happen, but mainly happens in people older than 16 and you'd have more symptoms than just a change in stool. 

• Posted

Ok thank you you have helped me on one of my other questions before thankyou for helping me I feel better now 
  • Posted

At your age it sounds more like IBS.  However, I would still see your doctor to get tests done and a diagnosis which will reassure you.  I had constipation, abdominal pain and nausea and I went to my doctor within two weeks.   After three and a half months, I was diagnosed with IBS after lots of negative tests. Your doctor is the expert and will help you.  See your doctor!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.