Is this just a bad yeast infection?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 20 weeks pregnant and I've been tested for all Std's through urine, blood test, and pap smear. I tested negative for abnormal pap and negative for all types of high risk hpv. The doctor called me and told me I had a yeast infection and to treat it with monistat and I'm currently on day 7 of my treatment. I'm married and my husband doesn't have any of these on his penis. They only appear on the opening of my vagina on both sides..nowhere else. And they are not painful or doesn't burn when I urinate. Can these be anything besides warts? I tested negative for hpv but I'm freaking out. Can these harm my Baby? I don't have an appointment for the next 2 weeks. I posted pic in profile picture

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yeast infections and even HPV can affect your baby. A newborn child can contract the infection as he/she passes through the birth canal. So, it's important to get your infection completely treated before you give a birth. Talk to your doctor for appropriate treatment because some medicines can be harmful during pregnancy.  

• Posted

Yeast infections are very common in pregnancy, I had them and the treatment pessaries do not harm the baby. I cannot see the bumps very clearly because the profile picture is rather small, but it looks very much like vestibular papillomastosis. This is a type of benign tumour. So many women have put posts on here panicking about these. They are totally harmless and cannot be spread or caught by sexual intercourse and cannot be passed to your baby. Think if them as skin tags on your vulva. There is no treatment because they don’t need to be treated. People only have them removed if they are worried about the appearance. Men get them too, around the head of the penis, called pearly papules. Google vestibular papillomastosis and have a look at the photos. I have few and my consultant dermatologist told me they were normal and there is nothing to worry about. I cannot understand why gynaecologists don’t know what these are.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.