Is this just back pain?

Posted , 7 users are following.

My pain in my right lower back started nearly 5 weeks ago. Normally when I get a UTI, the lower back pain is my symptom, I don't get cystitis symptoms. The video GP prescribed antibiotics and when the back pain and front right pelvic pain didn't go, she prescribed more. Urine sample that was sent away came back clear. I then got worse and went to the out of hours who suspected a kidney infection. More penicillin.The urine tested showed that there might be a small infection. As I have had ovarian dermoid cysts previously (last ones over 15years ago)Gp sent me for a pelvic/kidneys ultrasound (internal& external). all came back clear. Fast forward to today and my pain in the lower right back and right front pelvic area is as bad or if not worse. The last GP I spoke to over the phone, said it would just be simple back pain as i have had my appendix/gall bladder removed.

I have another video call tomorrow as I am not prepared to just leave things. I am generally healthy, walk 20,000 steps a day

What should I now be asking for??

Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Amanda. I´ve got the same problem as you, only it´s in my left side of the back and abdomen (front pelvic area). I´ve got the same ache since 4 days ago and now my left back zone which used to hurt (the pain has decreased) went numb and a bit more swollen than the right one.

Did the doctors give you any answer??

Thanks and stay health and safe!!

• Posted

Just out of curiosity, have they looked into ur appendix or gastro intestinal issues?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.