Is this just ibs or worse?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all I have a bit of an issue , recently I've gone from going to the toilet 3 or 4 times a day to maybe once, but I feel like something is stuck just inside my anus, ive got allot of gas and stomach pain, my wife looked and said it looks like I have a tin y pile (hemi) I've never had one before , my legs are hurting to a d yesterday when I went to the toilet that was a few little black bits in my stool.

No blood tho as far as I've seen .

I'm really worried there is something really wrong with me I'm 26 but my dad did have bowel cancer . So. I'm scared I have cancer .

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tydril,

First off, it's not a good idea to worry about something that's not even confirmed. I understand your dad had it, but that doesn't mean that you're genetically bound to have the same thing, despite that it's a risk factor. Secondly, It's very possible that you simply have constipation. Healthy bowl movements are about once or twice a day. It's very important that you take fiber every day, and plenty of water so that your stool isn't so hard. If your stool is too hard, you'll have trouble getting it out. It's very important that YOU DON'T PUSH TOO HARD, otherwise you can seriously injure yourself. Please contact your doctor about the leg problem though, because you never know how one thing can be a sign for something else.

• Posted

Sometimes piles can bleed; however, see your doctor. Bowel cancer is rare in younger people.
  • Posted

If you have piles it will feel like there is something stuck inside, especially if they get inflamed. You can get cream for them from the pharmacy.
  • Posted

I have this at times too. IBS plays with your head to the point where I am scared to go out.  I am out tomorrow and I have been so ill since 4.30pm today. 

I hate to admit but I have hemorrhoids. I never had anything like this pre IBS but I have put my body through so much I think it is only natural.

Have a blood test to put your mind at ease.  I bleed now as IBS is 5 years old but bright red so nothing to be concerned about.  The doctor's advice to me was don't strain but I had the opposite problem I had times when on the loo my body would push and I literally could not control it.  It was like being sick. I could not control my own body and that is scary.

• Posted

I agree, 4,000% with astro. What makes IBS so scary, is that litterally anything can set it off. Look, the reality is, people who have it, don't have normal lives, and we can't eat normally like everybody else either. There's been plenty of times when I go out, I have to eat a little unhealthy, because I know I am familiar with the unhealthy food that will NOT make me sick. And THAT is the bottom line.. And  let me tell you, Immodium is a cheap miracle drug, and I am VERY thankful it is over the counter.

• Posted

Hi all sorry it took so long to reply, I have a camera appointment ow for the 24th, I'm scared as he'll that something bad will be found.

I have bee. Getting allot of gas, and still can't go to the toilet properly some times I can some times not, it's very annoying but I always feel like I need to go :-( hopefully it will get fixed soon and nothing bad will be found.

I wi keep you all up to speed that you for all the help so far.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.