is this legal and do i have to inform the asserters

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have applied for pip but dont trust them , so i am going to film my vist ext . can anyone tell me if i can use the footage at a later date if needed ie tribunal ext do i have to inform them its being recorded ext it will be used to show how my ilness is at the time of the assessment and hopefully used to show others in the same situation .can anyone tell me how to do this . 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

You must get permission to record any assessment and they need at least 48 hours notice. You must also record to identical copies at the same time using either a CD or a tape recorder. Any other recording device will not be accepted. At the end of the assessment you must hand 1 copy of the recording to the health care professional that did the assessment.

If you don't get permission to record the assessment and you decide to do regardless and you get caught, your assessment will stop, your file will be returned to DWP and you will be refused that benefit.

Remember PIP isn't just about what you're like on the day of the assessment. It's about how your conditions affect you everyday. During the assessment you'll be asked questions based on the descriptors and your condition, how it affects you daily.

Not sure what you mean by "used to show others in the same situation"

Hope this helps.

• Posted

thank you for this what if the filming is part of my treatment as i have a shaking illmess that makes me shake days on end and the filming will be to show others how it gets better or not as tome goes on . i am going to tell the asserts if the filming is being done on the day of the assessment as we hope it can be used for others
    • Posted

Do you mean you want to send video evidence about your condition? Sorry but i don't quite understand what exactly you're asking.

• Posted

The filming can't be used for others. It can only be used for yourself, so i don't understand this either, sorry. When you record an assessment it's purely for your purposes only and no one elses. It can be used at a Tribunal, if needed.

• Posted

Remember that you are filming/recording someone who possibly has not consented to being recorded this is why you need prior consent.

I checked up on this and if you do record covertly then you can only use the transcript from it in the future.

Remember also that the people interviewing you have a right to privacy the same as you do, I'm sure you wouldn't be impressed if you thought someone was recording you secretly

• Posted

i understand what you have staid the filming im doing is for research iext  to show how the illness  affects and try to understand  it a bit more . there will be clear notices on the entrance off the front doors explaining that filming and recording will be done and if you enter it will be in this condition you may have a copy of the filming on request . 
    • Posted

So where will the interview take place , at your property or a DWP building

If it's at your premises you need to be aware that if they see they I believe your interview will be terminated before it starts and obviously you would not be allowed to put noticed on doors etc in DWP building, I don't think you understand the concept thats I with a F2F interview.

If you still think you can do this then I suggest you ring DWP and ask them straight out so you are clear as to the ruling

• Posted

record two identical copies and not to....can't edit posts sorry.

• Posted

there will be clear notices on the entrance off the front doors explaning that filming and recording will be done and if you enter it will be in this condition you may have a copy of the filming on request . 
    • Posted

I'm still totally confused and you haven't answered my questions. You can't put notices on the entrances. I think you have the idea of recording your face 2 face assessment completely wrong.

When you attend a face 2 face assessment for PIP and you ask permission first, you record inside the room you're in and NOT record from the whole building! They will not allow you to record everything and everyone that enters that building. The recording will be of the assessment ONLY and will consist of yourself, the assessment provider and who ever you're taking with you. You must also sign an agreement before you start the the recording. This recording will be for your benefit only and will not be part of the DWP records for your PIP claim BUT you can give it to the Tribunal as evidence if you get that far.

Hope you understand this now. There's lots on the internet about recording a face 2 face assessment.

• Posted

got what you said but im talking about my house not the pip office 

• Posted

Have you been offered a home assessment then, like I said if they turn up and there's notices saying recording in progress I think might leave without carrying out the assessment, I'm not sure, please ask

• Posted

you can record as long as you give 3 days notice and make them 2 dvds ill keep you informed as how it goes .
    • Posted

You can record if you have prior permission and you have equipment that records identical CDs at the same time one of which you leave with them and they give you a receipt for this CD, they then hold this for 14 months and then destroy it.

This is only applicable to audio tapes not DVDs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.