Is this lichen scelrosus 20 years old scared and alone

Posted , 6 users are following.

id say this started around 6-8 months ago its just a constant irritating itch i wouldnt even say painful just an annoying tickle , im just confused as i see slight discolouring but wondering if this is due to running my skin slighly raw so creates like a white ish film over , i cant tell if this is discharge due to trying to heal or just dryness or if it could be my skin changing with LS ! ive done my research and just hard to see if i fit the bubble as i havent had this since child hood and im not menopausal its just come on and althought when i itch my skin i can make it raw ive never seemed to have like bleeding as such , just wondering if anyone diagnosed has ideas

many thanks x imageimageimageimageimage

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

not sure if this classes as the common figure 8 or just redness

• Posted

I am no doctor so do not take this as a diagnosis. My LS symptoms came on post menopausally, I am 67. I would say your skin looks really healthy with no white patches or fusing. I can see it's red from where you have been scratching but that is all. Are you sure the itching isn't thrush? Do go and see your doctor - thrush is easily diagnosed by swab and is curable.

• Edited

hi emmi,

i am 19 years old and was diagnosed with LS 4 months ago. i understand your concern and feeling lonely.....its rare for someone our age to have it. i am not a health care professional, but i believe it is not LS. i could be wrong, so i strongly suggest you go and see a doctor. if you have any questions about that process feel free to message me back xx

• Posted

Hi I am also young and feeling alone due to a recent diagnosis of LS. Just wanted to introduce myself.

• Posted

Hi Jessica, I am in the same boat as well. I hope your in remission and doing well. I know this condition can be very stressful and causes unwanted anxiety....

• Posted

Hi Mel,

I'm 33 and newly diagnosed. looking to make a small private support group for people in similar situation. Let me know if you might want to join?

• Posted

Hi Jessica,

I'm 33 and newly diagnosed. looking to make a small private support group for people in similar situation. Let me know if you might want to join?

• Posted

hi Lily,

I am the same age and I would like to join. Thank you for including me. I have always wished there is more awareness to have a support group.

• Posted

Hi, It doesn't look like LS to me based on what i have seen from myself having LS and from what my doctors has informed me about LS. There isnt any fusing, whiteness or loss of any type of vulva structure. I am not a doctor but from what I can see it doesn't look like LS. I hope your able to see a doctor to help with the itch your feeling and get a second option. Good luck and keep us posted!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.