Is this lichen sclerosis? Please talk to me!

Posted , 3 users are following.

3 years ago I was getting these symptoms(intense itching), before it came up, I had sex and right after I shaved with a razor with some rust on it. It was super dumb of me I know. I overly shaved and I even nicked my clitoris a couple of times. Did I damage my skin so bad, it caused it? My gyno says its a possibility, but why tell me this and expect me to not worry? She just gave me some cream and sent me on my way.imageimage

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

I don't think it is possible to cause lichen, it is an autoimmune disease... But I do have similar coloring of my skin and I am afraid I have it too. not sure though, a dermatologist told me I haven't.

• Posted

That's what I am saying! I don't have a thyroid condition; my immune system is very healthy; I get blood work done all the time to check and see if everything is okay. This is scary and it's taking over me the past weeks. I waiting on the dermatologist to call me and set an appointment, and I'm calming myself down as I wait. If I do have it(which I pray and believe I don't), I'm going to find a way to live with it without suffering!!!

• Posted

I just want to add an update. It has been 2 weeks since first starting to use clobetasol. It is not as itchy as it was, but it's still itchy in some areas. Some of the redness has gone away, but it is still a lighter shade in that area. I'm noticing that on the parts that are still red are shiny and wrinkly, while the other areas are not anymore. Hmm...

I am still waiting on the referred dermatologist to call me and set an appointment. I plan on calling on Monday anyway. Starting next week, I'm going to start using some dermocrem, as I heard it takes rashes away so I pray it works and doesn't harm me. All and all I'm still down about it, but I am learning to move one and continue with life. Im not dating so there's no point on worrying about sex.

• Posted

Another update (2 weeks later...)

About a week ago, an appointment with a dermatologist was finally made. Sadly, I have to wait till December(2 months) to see him. I hate how I have to sit and wait for this. Anyway, last week, I was starting to try to cut down to using clobetasol from 2x a day for 2 weeks to 2x a week. I tried, but it was still itchy. I was using dermocrem on the days I wasn't using the steriod. It was still itchy and it was bothering me. Even though the dermocrem would stop the itching right away, I would still have to use it 2-3x a day so the symptoms would stop. I decided that I would use the clobetasol 1x a day for two weeks (cutting down little by little) so the itchyness can go away a little more. It's been about a month and the itchiness is still there. I have to wait another month to see if the redness will go away some more. Im wondering if this is really LS. Im praying the steriod cream isnt harming me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.