Is this life-threatening?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 27 year old male. Just this morning i have a bowel movement which is hard to pass for like 1-2 min. After i somehow pass the stool my anus is hurting like it's swollen so i look at my stool. It is normal stool 2 inch size like 3 pieces of this. I kept on looking after this tiny little stool fall from my anus with RED blood on it. I almost fainted for what i saw, i kept checking on the other stool but there is no blood until i press and hold my anus which it hurts then i saw blood in my hand. Is this cancer? or is this normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This will be an external pile caused by being constipated and having a hard dry bowel movement. The veins in the anus swell just the same as a varicose vein on someone's leg. Try a cream like Germaloid's which will shrink the pile, relieve the soreness and itching. You may feel a slight dragging/pain sensation for a while as it will be tender. Try this now with some cream. Use regularly and try not to get constipated as this only makes the pile bigger. Pushing hard to get the stool out caused the vein to enlarge. Don't worry. Thousands of people get piles. Not nice though.

• Posted

If you are straining too hard for a bowel movement, it can cause fissures or haemorrhoids which can produce bright red blood.  If you are constipated, try a stool softener or laxative.  Plenty of fruit is also good.  If it keeps happening after a week, see your doctor.
  • Posted

Go to Chemist get powders to help withnpassing stools

Take one powder with 2 Coloxycol laxitive stool softners

You will havebyour own Colonic irrigation it works.

Ive known people whove had to put their gloved hand inside their bottom and break off stool bit by bit theres always been a bit of blood dont fret.

The time to worry is normal bowel movements with blood in fetal mayter x

• Posted

It was too wide and tore the skin a little on the way out. That is NOT a big deal at all. 

If your stool had blood IN it - it would be life threatening but the poop would be black. That's very different than poop on the outside of it.

Give it a few days go heal. Sounds like you tore your Anus. 

If you start to get ABDOMINAL pain then go to the ER. But. You'd have that by now  if you're already bleeding. 

Also idk how you jumped to the conclusion of cancer but this is a fairly common issue that will heal on its own. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.