Is this life-threatening?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 27 year old male. Just this morning i have a bowel movement which is hard to pass for like 1-2 min. After i somehow pass the stool my anus is hurting like it's swollen so i look at my stool. It is normal stool 2 inch size like 3 pieces of this. I kept on looking after this tiny little stool fall from my anus with RED blood on it. I almost fainted for what i saw, i kept checking on the other stool but there is no blood until i press and hold my anus which it hurts then i saw blood in my hand. Is this cancer? or is this normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Please do not worry. This is completely normal and if the blood is bright red, it is coming from an either an anal fissure or hemorrhoids. Sit in a warm bath and this should help the pain. You can use coconut oil to heal the area and can apply as often as possible. Take stool softeners to keep the stool soft and to give the area time to heal. 
    • Posted

Thank you for saying that. I feel so relieved. I've been experiencing this kind of pain sometimes but not everyday. Since i don't check my stool the past years, I don't know how many times i experienced it. It just happens that i check my stool for past 4 days because i feel abdominal pain sometimes that comes and goes and this is a shock to me. I thought i may have a C. It's not that painful unless i press my anus. I kept getting small blood when i wipe it with tissue.

• Posted

Did you ever had any other problems with your anus? Or this this happened suddenly, out of nowhere?

Most possibly its only a hemorrhoid or an anal fissure. Anal cancers are very, very rare especially if you don't have any STD, you're younger than 60 etc... Chances for it are very low.

Don't worry too much, just monitor the situation. Most possible the same will happen again from time to time. Anal fissures need time to heal and once you get hemorrhoids they will stay forver, so don't freak out if you see some blood again. 

Increase water intake. I mean increase it for real. I'm drinking a glass of water every hour and it helped a lot. Water is the key. Exercise at least 30 minutes every day (walking, jogging and similar), avoid prolonged sitting. Eat fruits a few times a day, avoid junk food.

If you notice much more blood, diarrhea, changes in your bowel movement habits other unusual things, visit your doctor. But don't worry, you're healthy, it's not cancer smile

• Posted

Thank you for giving time to read my concern. I don't have any other issues with my anus except this. It's been happening to me for quite sometimes now but not everyday. But i know I've experienced this before but i just don't mind it because the pain is bearable unless i touch my anus. I've been drinking water everyday no other drinks. And i just began exercising 1 week ago. I'm not eating any fruits at all. I'm scared of doctor's tbh. I've not been confined once because i have a low tolerance of pain. And also if the doctor suggests like colonoscopy i can't. It's very painful for what I've read on the internet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.