Is this Lupus?!?!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I have been diagnosed as having Sjogrens as well as unspecified other autoimmune disease(s) I have all symptoms of Lupus, my doctor keeps checking my blood for Lupus (so far negative) but he does feel I may develop it in the near future. I wrote into another forum (and a doc emailed me back) I wanted to see if my other autoimmune issues could be Lupus. He said yes, you can have Lupus without it showing in your blood work... I was wondering if anyone else is going through this same thing? I am having so many organ issues and I am concerned that is due to Lupus and not sjogrens.... any info would help greatly... thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I wish I could help you. I'm in the same boat. Lots and lots of Lupus symptoms, but still waiting for more tests to be done. In the meantime I'm too weak to do anything of use. I'm mainly on bed rest. Frustrating isn't it? What other symptoms do you have?

• Posted

Hi Kathryn,

sorry to hear about your problems too...

I have a lot of problems, but the doctor said it is probably due to Sjogrens, but here they are....

skin allergies ( especially due to the sun), sores in mouth (severe mouth problems), extreme dry eyes, cannot see well (early cataracts), severe dryness, aches in pains in all extremities, organ issues (due to no fluid), heart problems (although I do have a whole which causes most of my problems), neuropathy, Raynauds, sometimes I cannot walk or hold onto things (because of numbness), etc.... what symptoms due you have?

• Posted

I feel like I have about a gazillion symptoms =/. The main ones are: Abnominal pain, chest pain, extreme fatigue (sometimes I can't walk because my legs are like jelly), memory problems, unable to focus, pain in my feet, hands, legs, etc. (off and on), dry eyes (sometimes they feel swollen?), digestive problems (bad ones), etc etc etc. Sometimes it's hard to talk, like I can't get enough air. I kind of go through phases with some of my symptoms and others are always there and getting worse like my fatigue and ability to concentrate. I sort of feel like I'm anemic again because if I try to raise my arms to get something or do something above my head I get really dizzy. 

Anyway, I could go on and on. 

• Posted

I know how you feel!!! Our symptoms are almost the same... have the doctors come up with an idea of what you may or may not have? Unfortunately tests sometimes cause more questions, without any answers & they can be negative but you can still have an autoimmune disease... my test usually comes back as positive for Sjogrens but at times my blood work is fine. Even so my doctor said it’s Sjogrens but after speaking with different ones on here, it seems very possible that I have lupus as well...

hope you get your answers soon...

keep positive & take care ..... 

• Posted

No answer yet. I'm sorry this is frustrating for you, too. It's nice to have someone to talk to, though, that knows what I'm feeling. I think half the battle is just having support of some kind.

• Posted

Definitely... anytime you are down & need someone to talk to, I “ll be here as soon as I can get to you, I will...

take care & have a good weekend

Brenda 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.