Posted , 10 users are following.
My situation is getting pretty desperate so I thought i'd ask the community for some help.
- 25 year old male, until 8 weeks ago was in the prime of my life physically, going to the gym 3-4 times a week. I then had a huge unexplained crash one night after a gym session and I haven't recovered since.
Symptoms immediately after 'crash'
Disoriented, strange vision, out of breath, belching/acid reflux, palpatations, confused, weak legs, full body shaking, barely able to stand, brain fog, malaise, derealisation, anxiety, unable to drive home.
Symptoms the day after 'crash'
Extreme fatigue/malaise, headache/head pressure, stiff neck, unable to get out of bed for 3 days, flu like symptoms, unable to concentrate, particularly on moving images such as TV for long, poor short term memory.
Symptoms in 6-12 months leading up to 'crash'
- Bad joint problems, medial knee pains, excruciating elbow pain to the point that I couldn't sleep for a few nights, ankle swelling/pain from running and foot pain (ball of foot) that hasn't healed. (I put all this down to over exertion).
- I have had a lot of psychological stress in the last 6 months, mainly due to running 2 businesses as well as full time job and hitting the gym a bit excessively, also had some relationship problems, I have however had CBT for all this, and while it has kept my anxiety at bay, the physical symptoms still persisted.
- I noticed in the last 3-4 months that I was unable to follow conversations and had difficulty concentrating when people were speaking.
Day-to-day symptoms now
- Severe fatigue that isn't helped by rest.
- Orthostatic intolerance (need to sit down after around 10-15 minutes).
- Headaches/stiff neck, upper back ache.
- Brain fog, difficulty concentrating, delayed processing of information.
- 'Payback'/post exertional malaise after mild exercise, I still have strength but if I do exercise properly it can take me 3-5 days to recover.
- Lightheadedness/dizzyness, spaced out.
- Joint pain, knees, feet, elbows.
- Freezing cold feet.
- Stomach pains/acid reflux.
- Difficulty sleeping.
- Becoming angry/frustrated/depressed.
Reason for suspecting Lyme disease
- Around 18 months ago I got a large rash on my leg and fell quite ill, I thought it was a spider bite initially or a pimple that was infected (see attached photos). I was never treated for this.
I've had tons of blood tests done, all normal, even an NHS lyme test. The only diagnosis i've had so far is POTS after a positive tilt test. My heart rate on standing does seem to stabilise to around 75-80bpm regularly though which makes me think that this sudden onset of POTS is secondary to something else. The only other thing I suspected was CFS/ME but i've heard that many people with this actually test positive for Lyme.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
0 likes, 6 replies