Is this migraine

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have chronic neck pain. An MRI shows wear and tear and some disintegration of the cartilage between 3 vertebrae, quite common for my age. The pain actually comes from muscle pain at the back and the sides of my neck. Every now and again I am woken in the early hours with the worst pain in my forehead accompanied by vomiting that lasts most of the day. I have been taking Propranolol for several years for migrainebut my usual migraines that started as a child begin with aura then vomiting and pain. Does this sound like migraine? or a 'type' of headache caused my muscular pain?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Doesn't sound like migraine. Sounds more like a type of headache from muscular pain. Although the vomiting would be a bit concerning.

I have chronic migraine 😦 Also on Propranalol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.