Is this mono?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone,

So, a couple weeks ago I started to get terrible anxiety/depression. Then about a week ago i started to get a sore throat and exhaustion to the point where I thought my body was shutting down and struggle to stay awake. Ive felt nausea, brain fog, muscle aches/twitches, fatigue (i sleep and it feels like I havent slept much at all), cough. It honestly feels like death. I cant do much of anything before im completely worn out for the day. Ive never felt this before. Im super stressed out about it. I did a strep test and it was negative. Ive done blood work for Mono/EBV just waiting for results but im having a hard time and just looking for what this could possibly be

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

So sorry you're feeling bad... this does sound like mono as I'm currently battling it and your symptoms sound similar to my own. Sending healing energy your way! This virus is truly awful and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Jay

• Posted

yes this definately sounds like mono. you have listed all the symptoms i had, i have had it several months and still cant get my head round that this is glandular fever or even a virus its so awful. how are you doing now? i remember the first couple of months being particularly hard x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.