Is this my panic attack or something else

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 18 years old and I'm suffering from major panic disorder and anxiety attacks from an year or so....the first time I had a panic attack I consulted my doctor and he said that I had panic disorder

So I'm usually a victim of anxiety attacks

But a day ago I went through something which I think was the worst feeling ever...

I was sitting normally and doing my work..when suddenly I felt something wierd like loosing balance or something in the part between lower head and neck and within few seconds ,my face ,my hands ,my legs and my entire body felt like plastic ...litrelly plastic...I felt this is it ..IM Having a brain stroke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this is going to kill me....I felt like I'm losing touch with reality I felt like I have lost my balance..but all this happened within 10-15 minutes .... My mom helped my calm me and I did breathing exercise for the next 30 mins ..but still I felt wierd all over body ..but after sometime l felt perfectly normal...I went to sleep woke up the next morning..normal no hint of weakness and dizziness...

I'm really scared what's happening to me...I really want get out of this... is this my anxiety or something else?????

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yeah, sounds like anxiety/panic. I get weird symptoms all the time. For example I was at a friends house earlier today and while I was talking to her I felt unattached and the derealization . It was not bad I just reminded myself that it is nothing to worry about and continue on with my day.  The best thing to do is accept everything you feel. 

I wants had a sensation that my head was really heavy and my vision started to go out on me and I felt super dizzy and that scared me to no end. I swear I thought I was having a stroke or something crazy but everyone of my friends reassured me that I was OK and it was anxiety.

• Posted

@katie90x

Thanks Katie knowing that I'm not the only one going through this makes the process much easier

But I hope everything becomes normal again

• Posted

Hi, definitely sounds like panic attacks to me to , jus the other day I was watching tv an all of a sudden this weird feeling came over me like a numbness in my face an my arm I was convinced I was having a stroke but it subsided a few minutes later.. I’ve had anxiety for 10 years plus  so I’ve had a lot of different symptoms an half of me knows I’m having a anxiety attack but the other half is saying nope your gonna die this time ! Your not alone an can private message me if you need to talk or some advice x
  • Posted

Hi there a get Head feeling like water through my head dizziness 5 panic attacks a day and much more all in the mind my friend called health aniexty had it for 5 years now kills me every day buddy hope you okay not a nice thing at all renioun your life 
    • Posted

Hi yes I suffer mainly from health anxiety, it’s very draining 
    • Posted

Same exactly half me knows that this is just anxiety but then I convince myself it's not

Also I have this problem that when ever I hear somebody has a health issues .. especially a heart disease....I think Im gonna have it too...n something's gonna happen to me too...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.