is this normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive suffered with severe depression on and off for the last 10 years. i had a really bad patch jan 2013 and ive been on meds since. Currently taking duloxetine, amitriptyline and quetiapine. Was taking zolpidem too but it was making me sleep eat and i put on 3 stone so i've stopped that. I was feeling better but i've been going down hill for the past few weeks. This has happened in the past but there's always been a trigger. This time there's nothing. Is it normal to spiral so quickly for no reason?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

do you know what triggers your depression episodes?  It may help to counter things by working out what causes all this.

Richard

• Posted

Hi, thanks for replying. In the past there has always been something; a relationship breakdown, heaalth issues, problems with a landlord etc, but this time there isn't anything. Nothing has happened recently. My kids are both fine and doing well in school. Work is good. Life is good. But i'm not. I'm a mess. I have no enthusiasm for anything. I cry over nothing, do the least that i can do in terms of housework, shopping etc. i know i should probably go back to my gp but shes admitted in the past that she doesnt know how to help me. I've tried therapy. Several times with several people but nothing helps. All i do is watch the clock, waiting until i can take my meds and go to sleep. I don't want to carry on like this.
  • Posted

do you think sorting your 3 stone gain may help your self esteem so you feel good about yourself once more

Richard

• Posted

Yeah, i keep telling myself that i'll do it. Even going so far as making a plan or downloading apps but i never follow it through. Then i try and make myself feel better by comfort eating. I know i shouldn't but food is one of the few things i enjoy still even if it's only occasionally.
  • Posted

Its a slippery slope roximl.  What about a personal trainer? or going regularly to exercise with a motivated friend.  I think you have to try harder to get out of this rut you have got into.

Richard

• Posted

think about it anyway it could only do good to your image.

Richard

• Posted

Thanks, I know it will help. i'm at work this weekend, which gets me out of the house so hopefully i can use that to kickstart a better mindset.
  • Posted

try to get a support group of friends to help you but don't pick ones that have food weaknesses.

Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.