Is this normal ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all

It is 6 and a bit weeks since I had a cystocele and entrocele repair. The swelling has gone down a lot in the last week. I've been a lot more active this week. Not doing any heavy lifting or vacuuming though. If I have been on my feet for too long though I feel like it swells again down there. Anyone else experienced this . Also get bad Ab cramps as well.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you feel some swelling jolil your body is telling you to rest. 6 weeks is still early so listen to your body 
  • Posted

Hi jolil,

It is positively encouraging to heat that the swelling has gone down around 6 week mark.

Think the Ab cramps are really just due to being more active and the feeling of swelling due to overdoing things just a little.

I am 5 weeks post op on Wednesday, everyone seems to agree things get easier from around 6 weeks onwards.

Good to hear someone else making progress, look after yourself and take it slowly.

Phyl xx

• Posted

Thank you.

I know I got to 5 weeks and still felt really weak. This last week I've felt more like myself. Only problem being off this long I've decided I don't like my house anymore and we looked around a couple of houses at the weekend. 😯😯😯

• Posted

Couldn't even begin to consider a house move at this stage. I started to strip walls in my hall and stairway last autumn, just around same time was getting lots of overtime at work, either on my feet or packing . That's when started getting prolapse symptoms, was getting home and having to put feet up to recover between shifts. Managed to paper and emulsion ceiling and walls, but never managed to Finnish stairway. Still not done, very frustrating. Will have to wait till I've recovered and managed to cope with return to work before even attempting to finish it!

Having said that once my son moves out (he's 21) would like to downsize to 2 bedroom bungalow! But that probably won't be for some time yet, maybe in 10/11 year when due to retire( can't see how I'm ever going to get through next 10 years with , the possibility of further prolapse's, most employment always involves being on feet or weight bearing) .

Anyhow hope your enjoying house hunting, preferable to being stuck in the house.

Phyl xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.