Is this normal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me. Yesterday I had and upper endoscopy at about 12pm yesterday afternoon. Everything went fine, doctors said everything looked normal and was able to go straight away. Last night I woke up with quite painful low abdominal pain which seemed like trapped wind. I know this is fairly normal as they pump air into your stomach. However it is 5pm the next day and I've still got very low abdominal pain bubbling around but I can't pass wind or make any bowel movements to realease this. Is this normal?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

When I had mine done I felt bloated for a day or two after , also had pain where they did the biopsy at. I'd give it a few days but if it gets bad just call your doctor.
    • Posted

Thank you! It's not very painful at the most of times. Just get a sharp pain now and then but mainly discomfort.
    • Posted

Not a problem ! I actually had the sharp pain mostly when I ate something and that lasted for I think 4 or 5 days. They told me I have no food restrictions but I think everyone should really eat softer foods if they got a biopsy. I got my endoscopy since I had shortness of breath from narrowing
    • Posted

Hi Charlotte. Try warm boiled water with a spoon of manuka honey and sip. I had mine done on Tuesday and haven't had any feeling at all but I didn't have a biopsy however the warm water and honey always help with stomach discomfort.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.