Is this normal?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello all,

yeh sorry me Again!!!!!!!!

may take up residency here for the amount of time I spend on this site!!!!!!!lol

right as you know I'm due for a dreaded period v.soon.....been to the doctors this morning and given me some medication for the nausea.( so I'll try but not yet as I don't feel sick today!!!!'

no today fatigue has taken its place i mean Crashing fatigue with a vengeance soo is it normal to eerie cue this for as long as I did 3hors??????? I've never experienced it for so long and probably my worse experience so far I was like a zombie, even at the doctors so had my bllood measured which was low so have to have yet another blood test done next week, as to which he does NOT I honk I'm in peri yet not even with all my symptoms I'm having or got!!mmmmmmi differ I know iam.

im just hoping this medication I've been given really does help with my nausea?

but like I said is it normal to experience it for this long? I'm just glad it's my day off I went extremly tired and as normal came on like a drop of a hat!!!.

ots a question I never even thought about asking the doctor but what helps with the fatigue? And foods to eat what can anyone recommend to help.

if u suffer with fatigue or crashing fatigue what do u take??

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Shelly have you had your thyroid levels tested at all?
    • Posted

Hi there,

no not had that done......had full blood works done and I'm now Anemic, low B12, the doctor didn't mention anything about thyroid's........leaving another blood test done next week as I'm suffering really badly with feeling faint today being the worst said my blood pressure was quite low?..whatever that means?.

• Posted

When I wake in the morning I'm sooo tired the only way I can get out of bed is to plan when I can have a nap so I have something to look forward to! I don't always crash but helps to be prepared.

I take Co enzyme Q10 as I think it helps convert foods to energy and our supplies diminish as we get older. And I think it helps with brain function and helps with the brain fog. I believe in it anyway which is half the battle!

• Posted

Thankyou for replying to me Maisie.

its very hard with these symptoms, working and a family (got 3 very demanding children!)

my birthday today (47) but I feel much older.

its the pits isn't it with these symptoms of peri, I haven't been able to sit relax or enjoy my day.......being very,very fatigued all day, had quite bad crashing fatigue! Do u get that?

• Posted

Awww, Happy Birthday Shelly. 

Yes I definitely get the crashing fatigue, comes out of nowhere. I scare my husband when I have to go to sleep unexpectedly!

I too am anaemic and have had low B12. I take Ferogloblin with B12 for tiredness and fatigue and it has raised now. But ferretin still low despite taking prescribed iron too. I think its my heavy periods and fibroids. I keep hoping they'll stop soon! I'm 57! 

Children grown up, but grandchildren keeping me young.

• Posted

Hi Maisie I was like you anemic and had a small fibroid and I had it out was hanging off my uterus don't have much period now they will calm down soon.
    • Posted

Thanks Maria. I've only been offered a hysterectomy or the mirena coil. Don't fancy either of those! Someone on here had an ablation I think to remove fibroids. I'm thinking that I should try that soon. I've been saying that for 12 months!! Thinking periods will stop.
  • Posted

Could you be anemic?
    • Posted

Sorry, I see now where it says you are. I was so exhausted it got to the point I could hardly muster the energy to get out of my chair. Started taking my iron pills and it has made a.huge difference.
    • Posted

Oh, and happy birthday!
  • Posted

I use a whole food vitamin.  Iron.  Extra B12 and B vitamins.

Do you have chronic fatigue syndrome, or is this just during the period?

I would get my thyroid levels checked, too.

Blessings.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.