Is this normal?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, I've never posted in any of these groups before as I hate to dwell on things but I'm desperate for help!

I'm 26 years old and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 2 years ago. Back then it was manageable. I was always very active (used to go running, did mechanics, worked very physical jobs, would do very physical things that would shock most people because I was a 'girl'wink I started to deteriorate about a year ago and.have been on many different medications.

About 3 months ago I went down hill very fast and my doctor said there was nothing else they could give me or do to help.

I haven't been to work for 3 months as I can hardly stand up. I've been to the pain clinic and am registered to start at one of there seminars (full until May!)

I've tried acupuncture, massages, changed my diet, I drink only water. I've tried so much, I force myself to walk my dog but have to have somebody with me to help me as I can't always walk on my own, but hey at least I'm out of the house and doing what I enjoy.

I'm at a loss as of what to do now. These last few weeks I'm just getting worse and worse, I can hardly stand, constant pain, I had to be carried to bed one night and this morning I couldn't get up!!

I have a very high pain threshold but this is unbearable. It's getting worse daily, and I'm so scared!!

Ive had tramadol, gabbapentine, pregabin, amitriptyline & naproxen.

I'm now on just cocodamol(8x a day) sertraline (for depression) mebeverine & cosmocol (for stomach issues) and I take vitamins.

What else can I do? Is it normal for me to be going down hill so quickly, every week the pain finds a new place and leaves me stuck on the sofa unable to move.

Any advise is much appreciated.

Sorry for such a long rant.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Nemma, hope you feel better. The one thing I want to suggest is no matter what you do don't stop moving. I have had fibromyalgia since 2008 and the pain is so bad and it increased like yours did and I just stopped moving. It just hurt too bad to do anythingit was the worse thing I ever did my condition worsened fast. I also had to stop working. Many people don't understand disability so before you apply I would suggest you go to the Doctor regularly and each time tell him exactly what you are experiencing you must document everything and get? good disability lawyer, they will help you. You can apply online. The bad thing about fibromyalgia is that you can't see it on a person. You look just like you always did, but no one sees the real hell you go through so many don't believe you, pay these people no mind. You know what you are going through.Fibromyalgia also creeps into other things. It effects your sleep, sometimes I don't sleep for four days at a time. The pills they give you for pain will some times cause unwanted?weight gain, which sometimes can lead to depression or you may feel like you are high. There is also a mental fog that comes with this, the pain can cause you not to be able to concentrate, even in simple conversations not to mention trying to?work. Stress inflames the condition and everyone has a certain amount of stress but for a person with fibromyalgia this can cause you set backs. Things that help me. Warm baths I do one in the morning to get going and one in the evening before bed. I use epsom salt in the tub. Candles and music that you love doesn't hurt. Massages if you have a love one the human touch helps a lot even for a few mins. Start with your feet and either you or someone rubbing your joints, your wrists, ankles, knees, neck once a day helps. My doctor also has me buy over the counter fish oils, tumeric, and vit.D, and she prescribes folic acid. I will keep you in prayer, having this condition is work, but it can be managed so you will not lose your mind. Watch your enviornment, weather and anything that will cause you stress. Sometimes even a hug from a child will hurt.?Do EVERYTHING that makes you smile, prayer and the word of God helps too. You can do it but you must handle everything one day at a time and everytime you feel like you just want to jump out a window, remember that tomorrow can be a new and better day! God bless you I pray that you beat this thing.

• Posted

Hi Nemma I like you and many others suffered from sciatica and took everything I read about butrans patches first time I put the patch on 20ml the next day I was great so now when I have trouble with my sciatica I do all my scratching and put a patch on 5ml and it helps but I Always take it off at night and put it back on in the day as I could not sleep with it on ,,, hope it helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.