Is this normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, long Tory short I ended up buying a camera to help me remove wax.

My ear looks different to any I can find online, I did have a lot of issues when I was young and had grommets etc so it could just be from that maybe.

I do have a cold at the moment but my left ear (photo) feels like it had popped, I thought it was just this cold but now I have noticed it looks different I thought best to ask if anyone sees anything of concern here at all please?

I have no idea what I'm looking at really but from what I have found online my eardrum appears to look different, the white area in the middle then the extra area on the left, hopefully I'm overthinking it all.image

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Stop poking things in your ears and see your doctor. These cameras make most doctors wince. They can damage the ear and introduce infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.