IS THIS NORMAL!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

im currently on 20mg citalopram and this saturday i will have been on them for 8 weeks. The heighten anxiety at 3 and 4 weeks were so bad that Dr gave me Diazapam. i have been feeling great and but it must have been the diazapam because now im only on citalopram and my anxiety is horrendous....!!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

Yes, for me it is anyway.

I am on my second time on it. Just passed 7 weeks and i still take a 0.5 lorazepam mid morning to get through it. Then i am pretty good until the next morning.

Last time anxiety would not even describe how bad it was for the first 8 weeks. I did slowly turn for the better then.

My first time was at 20. This time i started at 10 and have gone to 15. Side effects not as bad but still bad. At 20 the intrusive thoughts created by anxiety were horrendous.

It took me 8 months to get fully better the first time but i was continually improving.

• Posted

Yes this is normal well it certainly is for me.

I'm 7 weeks in this time round.

week 1-4 unbearable week 5 felt amazing now feel back where i started and questioning the meds I'm 20mg Cit.

they worked before i done 16yrs and would say i was "normal" whatever your normal is.

so they have to work again! i don't find the docs that useful they don't give you all the info just say up the dose.

from reading forums like this and reviews of citalopram we are not alone and lots of people have these set backs. (blips) the only thing you can do it keep pushing you got this, i have kept a daily log since being back on meds and although i feel bad at the moment im so much more together than i was 7 weeks ago.

im also doing CBT which is really helping me to understand anxiety better its really interesting how it all links

the situation- your thoughts - your emotions all play a massive part in the crappy feeling.

i suffer health anxiety i have stopped using google to check symptoms and stopping wearing my apple watch as i became obsessed with my heart rate, these have both helped a-lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.