Is this normal 20mg Cit and up and down all day long

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive been on the meds for 12 weeks and in many ways i feel good and can see improvement when im good im good plus i i dont want to go up but ive really slipped back over the last week or 2.

ive lost my Mojo a bit and become more anxious Am I to assume it could be many months before it all gets better and I just have to accept im taking longer because my anxiety is stubborn. its a rollor coaster ride. ive actually stopped work now to try and deal with it better. please respond with ur advice.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hey Mike.. I am 6 months on Celexa and still kinda have the same but not near as bad as it was before.. I do get frustrated when it happens and think is the med even doing anything. I am on 20mg also and do not want to change either.

If i did have any advise i would say dont stop working.. keep going and face your fears, don't let anxiety stop you in your life and keep going.. easier said than done but i worked for home for 6 weeks last week and i prob looking back it did not help..

• Edited

thanks Thomas. I think at times its a frustrating recovery. Easy to think good days are the end only to be bowled over by blip days.

• Edited

Hi Mike, I've been on 20mg for 7 months now. I'm 100% better to where I was. However still get up and down days (blips) but they don't last as long, it's a normal part of recovery. Just accept this is you for the time being and it will pass, keep going about your life as normal ( bloody hard I know) but it will get better the longer you take it. It takes lots of time, months and months not weeks. I never thought I would feel well again in the early days, but hey ho I do!! Recovery is not linear and we are all different, don't compare yourself to others ( which I have also done) you will recover in your own time. Have you read any books about Anxiety and have it effects us? I can recommend a couple, if you wish? D 🙂

• Posted

i really appreciate you taking time out to respond. thanks for the biok suggestions. yes please.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.