is this normal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed 3 weeks ago and sometimes,depending on what I eat,I start getting itchy all over my body.

I know around my wounds its normal due to the healing inside and out but not on the rest of my body.

Can anyone help me.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It's quite common, something to do with bile salts, mention it to either your GP or surgeon so it can be checked out.
  • Posted

I itch under my breasts , and on lower belly then toward my back drives me mad. Do you also ache where your gallbladder was when you have been in bed all night ? Got awful ache there this morning again, it goes when I've been up a while. Hope your ok and your wounds are healed ?
  • Posted

I itch all over at times and depending how I slept depends on the pain,so I know how you feel.

I have also found that I could have an allergic reaction to certain types of food which is why I itch and break out in a rash.

Wounds are healing well thanks,when did yours get removed?

• Posted

Replied to you but went missing !!!!!!! Try again ! 

Had op 17 days ago. All ok , bowels ok now though I still wee funny !!!!!

if I lay on right side I ache in the morning and once up it goes or remains a dull ache for a bit. Don't eat fatty foods but did have spicey food last night , is it wind , anesthetic still in there , the spice, or still bruising ? I'm really well otherwise and don't regret the op but then it was badly inflamed the surgeon said. Just to say I don't always wake with this bad pain sometimes it's just a twinge oh and I burp such a lot !!! Have you tried leaving out the food that gives you the reaction? Silly question as you may have done but just checking  , you  need to write down what you had so you don't forget for another time , but I hope it's only temporary for you   

• Posted

Yes,I have learnt not to lie on my right side cause i get pain to,so only lie on my back or left side.

Was told by a nurse that you will have wind for up to 8 weeks after the op and not to stress.

I also had an enlarged gallbladder as it was so diseased as the docs put it,so I know what you mean.

At the moment its processed food like viennas.

If you dont mind me asking,what date did you have your op? Mine was 9 April, so we are walking the same yellow brick road.

Oh yes,strange but soya products don't agree with me either. I guess each person is different though.

• Posted

For the wind try a drop of peppermint oil in warm water, helped me loads.
    • Posted

My op was 16 April so on my way to 3 weeks now. How do you feel generally ? I have colour back in my face , I was so pale for months. X
    • Posted

I have that Susan but only if I'm desperate !!! I used it after my hysterectomy and it didn't agree with me , made me feel sick so will only use it if I'm in agony. Honestly I belch all the time ! Anytime anywhere lol 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.