is this normal

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hiya need some advice since sat I've been getting headaches and pain in one side of my face and my face goes kind of a numb feeling and shooting pain in the one side of head its kinda worrying me now thinking all sorts anyone else get this and what is it.... thank you x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes ever since i got sick in february i think any little tick is something major and its kinda annoying. It could be the way you sleep or posture.

I know for me i get headache cause i sleep 1. Bad 2. With bad posture (sometimes i wake up in a sitting position) so i get tension headaches from it. Naturally i overreact. Maybe you're like that too.

• Posted

Have you suffered from anxiety ever before? Anxiety can definitely play tricks on your mind and give you bad physical symptoms. I get dizzy spells and burning sensation in my head. I also am so tense be of my anxiety that my muscles get weekend be of tensing up my body. You should go to the doctor and see what they think. Probably a general doc. See what they say and if it is anxiety then go see a psychologist. Better to check with them first. Hope this helps. I know it can be scary and once you get scared the anxiety takes control.
  • Posted

No. Nothing is normal. Everyone is unique. Is it normal for you? How did you used to feel?
  • Posted

I have had similar feelings and I never really figured out why. I just assumed I needed more water and it seemed to go away when I drank more water. It could've been anxiety related I suppose.
  • Posted

If you suffer with anxiety it's most likely just the sypmtoms of it. I'm a hypercondric (scared of being ill), and i used to be petrified of having a brain tumour. I used to be so scared that my brain would create horrible symptoms such as:

-Numbness/tingling

-burning sensations

-pains/shooting pains

-horrible pressures

Even if you aren't scared of a specific illness, you might be a bit of a hypercondriac. Have you ever experienced hypercondria or anxiety before? It's mostly likley all in your head (annoying to hear, i know) but if you're really that worried, go see a GP just in case, although i'm sure you are fine. 

Oh also, are you a sufferer of migraines? Sometimes when i get really bad migraines it can cause numbness on my face and body, dizzyness and nausea. 

• Posted

I have the same symptoms you have. I'm not sure if bc I've been so stressed and anxious that I'm so tense that it creates the pressure, mainly in frontal lobe and sometimes in back of my head.not sure if creating migrants. I've never been one to get headaches like I have the past month or so.also creating that burning sensation in my head, not like a fever like a burning inside my head, that one scares the sh*t out of me too. I'm defiantly a hypochondriac sometimes to the way extreme but when I get those weird feeling it does scare me and makes wonder. Also do u get sore joints? It could be from being so tense lately, and I've been trying to workout a bit but nothing to strenuous but they have been a little sore, probably just that but you know were iur minds can go.i have talked to a few different doctors, physiatrist, psychologist and they all say that it's my anxiety but of course even if they all say that it's like how do they really know what's happening inside my brain ya know?but it didn't start to become this bad until about 3 weeks ago. After I had to go the hospital for dehydration mixed with a few party drugs, I have finally learned my lesson on the self medicating with partying and I'm done with that now but now I beat myself up all the time for all the partying over the last 15 years and that I screwed something up in my head, so I am very hard on myself which makes it worse. And now that I'm trying to live a healthier lifestyle I quit smoking pot after 14 years of smoking everyday. So I'm def having withdrawals from that which makes it all worse. That's a lot to share with you but I have to say all this to see if anyone can relate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.