Is this normal

Posted , 7 users are following.

Is it normal or common to get heartburn or acid reflux from anxiety and stress? Also I've been burping alot feel bloated at times pain in my chest to where it's sore to the touch i get really bad health anxiety and think it's cancer all the time or just something bad that will take me away from my family and children.HELP PLZ THX

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Digestion gets very messed up. Probably a good idea to eat small meals and make very healthy choices. Anxiety effects 70% of the body so so many symptoms can arise. 
  • Posted

I also have acid reflux from anxiety. Lots of burping and some occasional heartburn.. Sometimes i dont know if it's the other way around.
  • Posted

Hi..how often do you get the chest pain?for me it feels sore inside..but when I curled my body inwards that i can feel the soreness..at times its not so bad..at times its really bad..I get this upon waking from sleep everyday..is it anxiety?told my doc..he said anxiety..my health anxiety is my heart..I had 5 normal ecgs and blood test etc came back fine..I'm 23..
    • Posted

I wanna say I get it after I have a bad anxiety episode or stress alot feels like I was repeatedly punched in the chest it's just tender sometimes when I take a deep breath it hurts alittle
    • Posted

Oh I guess you can attribute that to anxiety..mine too..feels like something sit on my chest while I'm sleeping for hours and when I wake up its a tender soreness feeling..I get it everyday..that's why it makes me worried cause I don't feel anxiouso but the sore feeling is still there..in the day it's not really there but I guess maybe I think about it a lot so it feels like it's there and I have the tendency to keep curling my body to check if it's there..but usually it's not..but I feel like it's there. Everyday I wake up with the sore feeling I tend to think about my heart a lot. .thinking If there's something wrong with my heart. .I get back aches and pain throughout the day..and sometimes neck and shoulders tension too..I don't know how to get rid of this
  • Posted

Yes the tension of muscles around the stomach can push acid up,has been reported.also the stress can interfere with proper digestion.A trip to doc can give you better advice on treatment to ease this
  • Posted

Hmmm, maybe get tested to see if you have any food allergies...including gluten. I have IBS and Acid Reflux, there are quite a few foods I have to avoid otherwise I feel sick for a couple days. Before I started eating better I was getting sick most mornings, throwing up and then not eating much through the day as a result. Eating and drinking healthier help a lot with these kinds of symptoms.
  • Posted

Try taking Zantac for two weeks. I'm taking them now. It's for acid reflux.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.