is this normal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi im having a terrible time with depersonalization and derealization it went away for a month now for the last week its back i feel totally unconnected to my life and my self but werid thing is I didn't feel that Anxious when this started i actually felt good does anyone else get depersonalization or derealization even when they don't feel anxious this is by far the worst feeling in the world i nearly went to the er last night I thought I was going to have a stroke. Thsnks for any replies

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

• Posted

Yes alot of time you get it when your not feeling anxiety but as long as you have anxiety your always have the symptoms even though you feel good sorry you feel like all crazy and weird i hate that feelin also its very scary and when i feel like that i sometimes go to the ER because it just doesn't fit normal hope you feel better
  • Posted

I hate dp it makes me feel like I'm losing my mind but the reality of it Is it happens because it's your brains way of protecting you from stress like a way of coping
    • Posted

Hi antsy sorry you have this aswell its horrible im suffering really bad atm I feel like im a alien in the world or luke like im on acid is this how you feel omg I really feel odd its almost unbearable
    • Posted

Yeah I feel like I'm not really here like everything around me looks strange and something is wrong with my brain sad
    • Posted

Hi antsy sorry you have it to this is all new to me ive had panic attacks and gad since I was 15 and never in this time experienced something like this and im nearly 32 I keep getting urges to go to er cause I feel so disconnected and like im fading out hearing is muffled aswell does this go away ive had it 24/7 going over a week now I dont think i can take this its to much
    • Posted

I have it 24 7 too we have to accept it and not fear it I know it's so hard when you feel so spaced out ;( you are not alone in here if u need someone to talk to I understand how you feel
  • Posted

I've never felt like this either it's scary ;(
    • Posted

Hi antsy thanks for being helpful i dont feel so alone and like im going crazy. Your right its so hard not to be fearful of it cause its so in your face i cant not think about it. Cause we have it 24/7 does this mean its not part of the gad cause I read somewhere that depersonalization and derealization usually happens during a panic attack but im having without the actual panic attacks
    • Posted

It's a symptom of anxiety it can last 24 7 unfortunately until the anxiety gets better sad
    • Posted

Thanks for taking the time to message me i do feel bit better right now its such a hard symptom to try explain to others when they have never experienced it
    • Posted

Yeah it is sad do u get weird head pressure and pains too ?
    • Posted

Sorry just saw your message yes I get this werid pressure that builds up in my eyes and forehead it feels like my head will expoled it adds to my anxiety on top of the depersonalization I feel like im having a stroke or seizure also my hearing goes strange its almost like im going to faintvbut not
    • Posted

yeah it feels like im going to black out and faint never do thank God but feels like it rolleyes how are you today? do you feel weak sometimes?
    • Posted

Hi antsy im bit better today so far how are you today, I do feel weak at times yesterday I did i dont no why this happens
    • Posted

Feeling the foggy brain derealization right now which sucks plus weird stomach issues but okay smile trying not to freak out lol
    • Posted

Hi antsy sorry you're feeling bad i feel abit better today so remember you will also feel better soon, I get that weird stomach feeling aswell I cant eat when i get it we just need to remember its anxiety and it won't actually harm us i hope you start feeling better im 100%sure you will
    • Posted

Hi yesterday it was a 10 out of 10 today its a 5 out of 10 so I will take it and im really hoping it keeps getting better ive kinda got it a bit worse in the last half an hour for some reason my brain must be that sensitive lol how about you is your derealization still bad
    • Posted

Yeah it's horrible lol it's pretty bad right now I was kimda stressed today ugh it's so dang scary but I tell myself to accept it as anxiety and that I am okay which is hard
    • Posted

Its horrid thsts for sure i felt pretty good today but last hour ive been feeling very keyed up its a bad feeling aswell you can't win one anxiety symptom goes just to be replaced by another symptom, im trying to distract myself hopefully this feeling passers we will be ok im sure
    • Posted

I just wish I.knew why we have this anxiety why our minds are torturing us
    • Posted

I ask myself the same thing sad how do u feel when it hits ? I wanna make sure I'm not crazy
    • Posted

When it hits me i get a overwhelming feeling of needing urgent help everything i look at seems off in some way but I cant explain how, i kinda feel like my body is floating when i see my hands i think there not mine though I know they are my hands I feel I cant connect to my life people and my feelings feel odd and not right to me kind of foreign to me , my vision goes strange like tunnel vision it feels sort of luke deja vu but not also things feel unreal or dreamy like a movie when i get those feelings bad i get strong urges to go to er because I honestly think that this can't be from anxiety its to horrible and full on to be just anxiety. My main fears when its strong is im going to lose my mind or I may lose control of my actions and I panic that this is going to last forever and ill never feel normal reality ever again. I hope you can relate and I dont spund completely nuts lol
    • Posted

Wow I feel exactly like that !! It's crazy and scary ;( do u feel breathless sometimes too ?
    • Posted

Yes when it gets really bad i feel breathless even when I.feel 'normal'

I can feel breathless its very scary i also get very hot and my heart feels like its beating hard, the depersonalization and derealization is the worst feeling ive ever had its so scary the worst thing is theres nothing you can do about it and even going to the er wouldn't really help i think thats what bothers me the most is the trapped feeling it feels like your minds failing you and its shutting down but I keep telling myself that its anxiety and wont hurt me and will go away once my anxiety calms down its that hard to accept but thats all we can do and be strong one day we both will look back on this and we'll be a stronger person cause anyone thats deals with this is a strong person

• Posted

Yea you are right we will be stronger in the end it feels scary I hate it sad but we will get through it 💕💕

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.