Is this normal after lletz treatment?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I went for LLETZ treatment 6 weeks ago and recovery has been fine except for a lump that I have inside my vagina, it is not too far from the entrance.

I was hoping it would have went down by now but looks to be the same size as it was when I had the treatment. From reading online I found it could be scar tissue that would go down with my period but I had my period 2 weeks after my treatment yet the lump remains.

There are no other issues that I can see, there has been no funny smell or odd discharge, there has been no bleeding either.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

what kind of lletz? i don't understand the question... they remove something and now its back after 6 weeks? Nobody can say its normal or not at internet... you should go to your gyn or surgeon... did you get HPV vaccination?

• Posted

I had the vaccination as a teenager so would have ran out 2 years ago. It was lletz treatment to remove abnormal cells (CIN2)

• Edited

Hi woman,

So you had a loop excision to remove tissue from the cervix (at the top of the vagina), but you now find there's a lump close to the entrance of the vagina. With respect, it doesn't make sense?!! Unless I've misunderstood you, I can't imagine how treatment on the cervix would cause a lump in the vagina. I guess you have a follow-up appointment soon, so I suggest you ask them to examine this lump.

Adhari

• Posted

I had treatment to remove CIN2 cells and there wasn't a lump separate from the abnormal cells until after the treatment. Unfortunately I do not have a follow up appointment until December

• Posted

Could you not ask them to move your appointment forward to July because you have a NEW problem that could be related to the procedure?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.