Is this normal anatomy around my vagina?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, can anyone help explain what this wavy bumpy area of tissue is above my vaginal opening between my labia is. It causes me some distress because any photos I ever see of the anatomy of this area never look like this and sometimes it can become very sensitive there. Is that tissue part of my hymen?


1 like, 3 replies

Report / Delete

3 Replies

  • Edited

    Hello, Im not a medical practitioner but I do have a bit of experience with woman-hood. I have had something similar (not exactly the same as no vagina is like another). When I went in for my appointment, solely for having no idea why, what and how, my doctor told me it was normal tissue known as my hymen.

    I don't know if this is of any help but i at least wanted to lend something Ive similarly dealt with. Im 52 now and when I had went into the GYN I was 36 . So its been a few years.

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Thank you, it can sometimes be extra sensitive and become irritated there, so is there anything that can be done? Should I be making a gynecologist appointment or is this just something I have to live with

      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up