Is this normal? Can you relate?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with anxiety only a week ago.

I'm a 28 yr old male, always been fit and healthy. It started with sudden headaches, pain behind eyes and minor panic attacks (over past 2 months) triggered by ridiculous things.

Since seeing my GP I have been put on Propranolol 10mg. It's been 4 days on the meds and I can safely say I've not had one panic attack, although have felt slightly down which I believe is down to side effects of meds.

Does anyone else have the headaches/ dull heavy headed feeling? It comes and goes in waves but have had the constant dullness and tensions since this all began 2 weeks ago.

I will have blood test results back today but the doctor was adamant they'd be fine after ecg was fine along with blood pressure, etc.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Headaches are quite common with anxiety and side effects of drugs.

You are doing the right thing being checked out at the doctor

Stay Strongcheesygrin

• Posted

Hi

Sorry to hear your are suffering with this at the moment , I too am going through anxiety and panic attacks it's horrible and scary at the same time. Mine started out the blue from having a virus about 8 months ago and since then I suffer shakey twitching fingers , stiff hands fuzzy head the feeling I'm going to have a stroke or collapse . I have also had blood test which were all fine and many trips to several doctors who all say it's exhaustion and anxiety . I refused to go on medication but do see a private phycologist weekly which has given me great support.

All I can say is your not the only one suffering and it's good to talk as you can feel very isolated and frightened.

• Posted

Yeah ECG picks up on a lot and general bloods can tell if it's anything major. Try not to worry. We've all been there. The symtpoms you mention are classic anxiety

Anxiety is the most common cause for those symtpoms and a whole host of others. The panic associated with those symptoms is even further indicative of anxiety. Trust me you are not alone. I'm a 27 year old personal trainer and believe me I was terrified when I began having severe episodes. 9 months later and I'm learning to deal, accepting certain things and identifying trigger points. You're not alone. Let me know how the bloods are. Take care

• Posted

Thanks for your replies.

As I thought, bloods came back all ok, including thyroid ones.

As you say, being a PT you wouldn't expect to be hit with this condition. I'm ex forces and fit / healthy.

I'm not scared of death or think I'm dying but this does play on your mind when having an episode!

Thanks for advice and responses

• Posted

My anxiety has been on-going for around 6 months. I also get brief headaches that come and go, along with lightheadedness. I am medicated, which definitely causes effects of tiredness and dizziness. However, these usually subside after being on the medicine for 4-6 weeks. I'm glad the medicine is making it better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.