Is This Normal for a Complex Ovarian Cyst??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I was diagnosed with a Right Ovarian cyst last month, they told me nothing other than that and to have a follow up ultrasound in a month and hope it gets smaller on its own. I had my 2nd ultras sound yesterday and just got the call today. But, this time I knew what to ask thanks to this forum!! I ha e had severe health anxiety lately and this not knowing wasn't helping. I found out that its a Complex Ovarian Cyst on the Right Ovary. At the last ultrasound it was 4.2cm and this one it was 2.6cm. So it has gotten smaller on its own. The dr wants to just repeat the ultrasound in 3 months again. What do you think?? Is this normal procedure? I mean its good it shrank so much right?! I still asked and set up to see him next Wednesday because it does cause some pain, but, mainly just to talk to him about it because I've only talked to the nurse. Like I said my health anxiety has been HORRIBLE lately!! Any input or reassurance would be appreciated Oh, I'm a 29yr old mother of 3, ages 14, 12 and 6

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

That is absolutely normal!

In your age cysts are coming and going. If its more than 5 cm, and staying more than 6 months, than they can remove it.

I'm in a similar situation. I'm 33 ( no kids) , and I' m having terrible pelvic pain since 11 months.

I have my first scan 6 months ago, showing two complex cysts in both ovary , size 5,4 cm and 5,6 cm.

the doctor told me lets wait. I had a several US since, and they are still there, grown a bit.

My doctor is still not doing anything with it.

• Posted

I am recovering from a cystectomy. I had an endometrioma on my left ovaries. When they did thee laparoscopy they found that the right ovary was as bad. They preserved my ovaries and removed the cyst which was 5cm at date of scan in Dec.

He said if I wasn't more children this is the time as they will continue to be like this and get worse. Then both ovaries will need to be removed.

I think they only operate if there is endometriosis present!?

• Posted

Hi Sboverly,

Ella81 is right thats just normal procedure, i had 5cm cyst and my doc told me to wait until i have my period as i am irregular, but that was just a month and its still the same size so on march 5 i had oophorocystectomy, i had bikini cut. Im thank God im healing.

Nothing to worry about the procedure. Btw im 25 no child and husband yet.

Hope youll be well. wink

• Posted

Hi Ashley,

How long was your recovery ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.