Is this normal for a herpes blister?

Posted , 1 user is following.

So I had a bump on my face a few days ago and I'm not sure if it's a pimple or cold sore. i was hoping someone could help me out. There was just one underneath the lip and it looked like it had white puss in it originally when I woke up day 1 but later that night looked clearer. I noticed the lump had a tiny hole in it from somewhere so I took a kleenex and pressed on it and some of it drained out but I don't think all of it did. It kind of looked like a deflated basket ball. I went to sleep and when I woke up day 2 it was harder and drier. Later the second day there was a definite scab. The question though is if it is a herpes blister and you drain it like I did, does that bypass the sore phase or could the sore have appeared in the night and healed during the hours I slept? Also, the scab seems to be protruding not flat like in the pictures I find on the internet. It looks like it was leaking and the fluid scabbed in the process. i'm not sure if that's what happened. It's just what it looks like. Just wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone or if it sounds like a pimple. Thank you in advance. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.