Is this normal for a period?? Help me

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, let’s cut to the chase by saying my period lasts for 8 days. My period started when I was 12 years old and ever since then it’s always been 8 days long with like a 38-45 day cycle, it’s always been medium to heavy periods with bad cramps, not super horrible like I throw up or have diarrhea but I am bed ridden the first 2-3 days, i also don’t wear tampons, i only wear pads because tampons are to painful to take out (I know I’m not putting it in wrong).  because of this I don’t go to public school I go to homeschool, and I’m scared to go out anywhere on my period, I can’t play sports or plan anything on my period or around there, and I originally wanted to join the military but now I’m not sure I can. 

I started birth control last month called sprintec and although my period cycle is slightly regular now, my first period was heavy with worse cramps than I’ve ever had, and now my second period is medium/heavy with the same painful cramps I’ve always had, I thought BC was supposed to help me. Does this sound like any medical condition/disorder someone may know? Also are tampons painful for everyone to pull out? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sprintec sucks ask your dr for another brand since your too young for any other form of bc. You can try maca root but i heard it stops your period. But its normal your cycle will regulate on its own until you have a baby. I had a baby but my period wont stop on its own unless im on bc
    • Posted

Would I take Maca root with my BC or stop my BC all together and only take maca root?
    • Posted

If your periods take are heavy its fine because its a natural supplement but you can also double up your dosage pf bc. Im taking maca root but im on depo but im trying to transition because i dodnt want to be on bc in the first place but since I was 18 at the time bc was the only option for me
  • Posted

Hi Jillian, are you in the UK? I only know the drug names here. I take a drug called tranexamic acid which is to control my heavy bleeding. Also my daughter suffers with very bad PMS pains and was given something called mefenamic acid (you start taking this a few days before your period is due every month, hers weren't regular though so it didn't work for her). You really need to see a GP about this though. That way they can rule out anything like cysts that might be the cause (don't worry, it's likely not to be!) and moreover they can probably give you something like I mentioned above to make your periods more manageable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.