Is this normal for migraine? Or is something wrong?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I would like to start off by saying I have been diagnosed with migranes with aura, but I'm not sure if this all is apart of that. Sometimes I will randomly get a tingly numbness in a certain part of my foot, or my hand, or arm and it's quite worrying. Or my face will get numb on just one side, and my eye and head will hurt on just one side. Sometimes it's just random tingleing with no headache, or any other symptoms. Either way this has been pretty alarming, sorry if this is confusing i'm writing this as one is occuring so it's a bit hard to type haha. If you have any questions please ask. I don't get full blown migraines often, just tingleing a lot, and sometimes strange random stuff.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Skyla,

You say you have been diagnosed with migraines, but is this just with your GP or a Neurologist?  The symptoms you describe warrant an MRI scan and the full expertise of the Neuro.  The tingling in in feet is not a normal migraine and needs to be investigated further.  Migraines do cause many unusual symptoms and everybody is different.  But if you not seeing a Neuro, its time to NAG your GP to see one, if you dont get properly investigated, of course you will be worried.

Good luck Skyla and let us know how you get on.

Take care with best wishes

• Posted

Hi yes I would say those symptoms are related to your migraines/aura. I often get a pins and needles type numbness in my arms and face and sometimes in other places.

Keep a diary of when they happen and take it to your doctor, see what they say.

• Posted

Dear Skyla, have you looked into whether they are hemiplegic migraines? When I get a migraine my hands swell up and one side of my face goes numb. I also go tingly. However I do know that people with Hemiplegic migraines can get temporary loss on one side. So maybe that might. S worth looking into. Wishing you lots of support.
  • Posted

Nicola, I'm glad your suggested looking into a Hemiplegic Migraine (HM).  I had my first and only one ever 4 months ago.  Skyla, look a the HM threads to see if you may be in this category.  Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.