Is this normal in early pregnancy?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and have been feeling dizzy more of an off balance floating feeling daily the past few weeks. I do suffer with dizziness anyway but it feels more full on now. Anyway today I done some housework ie hoovering and washing up and I felt terrible I felt weak, nauseous and unbalanced like unsteady on my feet like I felt like I was floating and only relief is when I sat down. This is how I feel daily. I am only 8 weeks and this is my 2nd pregnancy but I am already showing my tummy is hard and rounded and I feel pressure on and off as if I have ate a big meal that bloated feeling. I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this? I have anxiety as it is so it makes me feel more uneasy and unsettled because I keep thinking I'm ill and its more than pregnancy. Thanks x

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi Moo. congratulations on your pregnancy. well done u.  as an ex-midwife, i'd ask: are u sure of your dates?  have u had your first scan as yet?

i ask coz, you maybe further on that 8 weeks.  whilst it's normal  for many ppl to be dizzy in early pregnancy, due to hormonal fluctations, it's important to ensure that you are not anaemic. therefore,  you need to check your iron levles, your Haemoglobin &  your Folate & also your b12 levels, plus having a check on your Blood pressure (B/P).  it's important that these are within normal parametres early in your pregnancy. 

Caitlin

• Posted

Hi thank you for the reply. No I should be around 8 weeks because my last period was June. No scan as yet but I have booked a private scan to get one done earlier for reassurance. I did have bloods taken before I found out I was pregnant about a month before or less which was normal except my cholesterol was a little high. I think my gp will wait now for when I'm due for my bloods. Do you know how many weeks you are before they give blood tests etc? Thank you.
    • Posted

hi Moo. all your bloods will be done @ your booking appoinment. usually the first NHS scan is done @ end of the first trimester - end of the 12 weeks stage. you won't need it, having had the private one, which will give ur 'expected date of delivery' - the big happy day???  how are you feeling presently?
    • Posted

I'm ok thank you still trying to get by day to day with the symptoms of anxiety(I think). I am going to my private scan this evening so I will report back.x
  • Posted

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I to am pregnant today I'm 29 weeks. I've felt dizzy and just not quite myself since about 2 months as well. I suffer from severe panic attacks and as a result of being pregnant it's only made mine worse. I think it's the changing of my body and hormones. All the pains are freaking me out. I hope this is not happening to you. Good luck. Hugs
    • Posted

Its horrible isn't it I wish I didn't feel this way and just relaxed more but I seem to notice every change. I feel on constant red alert. I feel scared of this feeling because it never leaves me and I feel so spaced out and my surroundings look surreal and bright. When you say you have severe panic attacks well do you have anxiety inbetween the attacks? What symptoms do you get?x
    • Posted

I have anxiety about 75% of the time. I only get the severe panic attacks about 1 or two times a week. My symptoms are racing heart, tight aching chest, difficulty breathing, dizziness, shaking, leg tremors, gagging, also everything that I look at appears fuzzy and not quite real, then ultimately I end up in the ER because I'm convinced I'm going to die. This way of life really sucks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.