Is this normal please

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I recently posted about my first real flair up since diagnosed in October last year. Am now on metranidazole and starting to feel normal again. One thing I noticed throughout this flair up, sorry for this, but I am full of wind and still am 3 weeks later, it is not the meds as it started before this. I can hear and feel it moving around, it does not smell and I am concerned that something else may be going on, or should this be expected. Thanks

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello there,

Yes, I had this and the GP said that it was a touch of IBS and prescribed compermine (peppermint) and buscopan. They did seem to help and after a few weeks I was able to come off them. If you are following other conversations you have have read of the apparant virtues of taking Acidophilis from Holland and Barrett (if you are in the UK). The stronger the better. They are healthy bacteria for the gut. Kill those dashed evil bugs off before they make us so ill. I had ten bouts of diverticulitis between November 2014 and July 2015 - I was ill more than I was well; and then read about taking acidphilis - I began soon after getting bout number ten and I have now been just over seven weeks without a bout. That is the longest since November and I am praying that pain free living continues! Do try them. Good luck. Christine

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply, I am fed up with one flair let alone ten, it must have been hell. I have been taking buscopan, windeze, colpermin and drinking those probiotics but will get some from Holland Barrett as they are probably much better.. The wind seems permanent at the minute and you know what it is like, you google, then you panic as constant wind is a sign of colon cancer. Before I get too worried will visit H&B. Take care
  • Posted

I would agree with the acidophilis and maybe try drinking peppermint or similar teas which will help to settle the tummy as well.  If you can't drink it straight then add a little honey which will help.
    • Posted

Hi, I have started to drink teas rather than coffee and as said to Christine will get some pro-biotics and see is they help as this is getting rather embarrasing now. LOL
  • Posted

That came out wrong. I take over counter medication called kolanticon. It works for me. And wear loose fitting clothes
  • Posted

hi,

Same thing has been happening to me..lol  Lots and lots of wind. I actually mentioned to my husband last night that I'd been a lot more gassy lately and that thank God it didn't smell! also noticed the same about BM. I attributed it to the fact that I haven't eaten red meat for the past month and a half.  I then suggested to hubby dearest that maybe he should try to cut back on the red meat too. I started drinking pure peppermint tea and that seems to help so far.  Don't know if It's all in my head but it seems to settle my belly and stops it from talking. My GP said this was all normal symptoms of DIVI.

Sunni

• Posted

Hi Sunni, I have also started drinking herbal teas rather than coffee and have started drinking lemon in warm water in the morning, which is good for your digestion and I have noticed it all settling down, which is great as 4 weeks after a flare up is too long. Let's hope this keep up, fed up with holding it in while at work LOL

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.