Is this normal? Sore neck still 9 weeks sore jaw!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had this awful virus for 9 weeks now, on of neck pain, it gets worse then goes for a few days then comes back, I've noticed my jaw the same side really hurts especially when you touch it. Really bad stiff neck, achy shoulders and back. I now have a spot visible under my chin  when u touch it it wrecks and feels lumpy under the skin. Is all this normal???? Xxx

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Rosanna, I had pain in jaws. I had two lumps under chin. When I would rub along my jaw lines I had swollen sore glands.

I know a lady with EBV ( she had not been tested) her MD sent her to a dentist he pulled all of her teeth. Her teeth were good! She was already losing wt after dentures it was more difficult for her to eat. What a sad experience!

All of this pain and swollen glands have gone away. They were with me for several months.

Rhonda

• Posted

My neck was stiff painful and sore for months. I still have it come and go. It is much better! Hang in there it will leave and not come back.

Rhonda

• Posted

Thanks so much Rhonda that helps!! Where about are you from if u don't mind me asking? I'm from staffordshire UK. How long have had yours now or had it gone? Xx

• Posted

I'm in the USA. Mine has been gone except for sore stiff painful neck since my 7th month. My neck is nust an occasional happening now and not nearly as bad as in the past.

Rhonda

• Posted

No my neck started the week before my test results cameare back positive for EBV in August 2016.
  • Posted

Hi Rosanna,

​Had it for awhile, it has gone by for the most part. 

• Posted

Hi Rosanna,

?I did for a very short period of time( a weekend, the doctor thought it was dental, it wasn't) It went away. What did Doctor say?

• Posted

I woke up today with pain on my jaw. It hurts when I touch my chin and the left side of my neck is sore. I don't know if this is normal... I slept on my stomach so I guess I probably hurt my jaw. I also did exercise for 20 minutes yesterday and today I feel extremely exhausted. I'm so dissappointed, I thought I was ready to do exercise but it seems that I'm not. All I want to do now is take a nap. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.