Is this normal, trying to figure it out.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 64 year old white female, hypertension controlled with medication since age 40, high cholesterol, high triglycerides. I have mitral valve regurgitation and mild pulmonary hypertension. My question is: sometimes I can be standing and all of a sudden it feels like I have just lost my breath. I feel short of breath for a few minutes and very fatigued. I am not able to do as much work around the house as I once did and tire very easily. I do not sleep well and am just tired all the time. Is there any reason to be concerned by this? Thank you for your time

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

bkv, it could of course just be getting older! Some of that is what happens to everyone. Have you seen a doctor for an annual checkup in the last year?

Other than that, try to follow good routines, diet and exercise, stay on your meds, ... and stay away from nasty viruses!

• Edited

I'm a little bit older than you, at 66 years of age, I've come to the realization that I will probably get more fatigued as I get older, but with a mother who is 92, and obviously blessed with "longevity genes", I'm hoping I at least will be able to take fairly good care of myself. I've had a lot of BP issues, and I have mild pulmonary hypertension as well. My allergies are worse this year and asthma is becoming more than just mild. But my congenital heart defect and LUPUS are my biggest threats. Good luck to you going forward.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.