Is this normal withdrawal?!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I was on venlafaxine for several years of 75mg. my dose was upped to 150mg in the spring because I didn't feel like it was working anymore. even with 150mg I still wasn't getting complete relief. so I began to see a psychiatrist in August who suggested tapering off with. adding Prozac to help side effects. so it went as followed

August: Venlafaxine decrease 150mg to 112.5 mg. Add 20 Prozac.

symptoms: none

September: Venlafaxine 112.5 to 75 my. Add 40 mg prozac.

add buspar 7.5mg

symptoms: feeling pretty stable

October:Venlafaxine 75mg to 37.5mg

Add 60mg Prozac. Buspar stays the same. symptoms: start becoming more anxious, VERY tired, head pressure, heart racing, body weakness, short of breath, stomach upset, diarehha, headaches, feel like I am dying. So currently I am on 37.5 venlafaxine and 40mg Prozac. As I am writing this I am waiting for the psychiatrist to call me because this has been the WORST day. My brain is telling me that I have a severe illness or disease because I feel SO bad!! I am so scared. If anyone can PLEASE tell me if this is normal withdrawal symptoms or should I be concerned about my physical health?! Also has anyone just decided to go back up on there venlafaxine necause it was just to hard to get off? thank you and sorry to go on so long. I am just scared and didn't know where elae to turn

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

so sorry you are having such a hard time, how are you today.

when i came off i did it really slowly without doctor as i think they withdraw you to fast and i was fine.

but i have read of people having similar experiences to you. i guess you just have to ride it through.

good luck let us know how youre doing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.