Is this OCD or PTSD

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is my first post, so take it easy on me. 

I was diagnosed with PTSD back in 2010. They gave me medicine and stuff, and help me out. Now, lately my life is getting worse. I do hours of organizing, such as; organizing stuff (it just could be the labels on the cleaning supplies is facing outward), I get p****d off or anxiety when stuff is not right. For instance, I was at my mom house and everybody were opening presents and put all their wrapping paper on the floor, I got anxiety and just sat there, get ready leave but I don't want anybody know about my problem. It like a burden on me and can't take it anymore. I started to go to the gym, and it take me like hour just to leave because I am to busy cleaning up the house or rearranging the house. Another problem I might have i social anxiety. I hate when people touch me. I let my parents touch me but deep inside it gives me anxiety. 

I know you guys aren't professional or something, but I need advice. I just telling part of my problem, I think I said enough. I going back to the dr tomorrow. I just want somebody else opinion. 

Thanks a lot for taking time out of you day and reading this. One little problem is that I hate taking medicine.  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It's feasible you have both, which doesn't sound great. The only way to diagnose it is by seeing someone. I'll double check it if I was you, I am no expert!!!

• Posted

Lucius

You need to discuss this problem with your GP, it is not PTSD.

It can be treated although you need a diagnosis and only your GP can do that.

Make a list of your actions and what you are doing, make a double appointment and your GP will be able to help and arrange some treatment for this compulsive disorder

BOB

• Posted

Yeah, just got back from the dr. She told me it was ocd, and gave me medicine for it. Thanks for answering my question. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.