cornflakes

snacks

1 chocolate biscuit

3 apples

satsuma

Dinner

grilled chicken, rice, peas and 1 potato

apple

I also spent 20 mins doing the shred dvd, is this enough food?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

do u really need medication if you are eating so healthily? I recon with eating like this, u would lose weight without !!! Ideally aim for half hour of sweat induced exercise a day - can be fast walking as well as structured exeercise programme. Do you alwasy eat cereal for lunch? A healthy low fat lunch would probably be a better option and I know my patients who are on this medication try and eat a "normal" diet withjust low fat. well done and keep it up!
  • Posted

I don't always eat cereal, fridge was a bit low in food biggrin Yesterday I had similar for breakfast and dinner but a cheese sandwich on wholemeal bread with grapes for dinner. I have done the exercise again so fingers crossed I can shift the weight with the help of orlistat.

I walk 4 miles a day doing the school run, which is all uphill but i just don't lose weight.

Thank you for your reply.

• Posted

Be careful with dairy hun. If U gave alot make sure its low fat. I've cut out cheese and chocolate and have skimmed milk. I've lost half a stone in ten days x
  • Posted

hi ive been on these since february start weight 16 stone 8.5 lbs n ive lost 60. 5 lbs nearly 4 n half stone still long way 2 go .ive noticed the more i eat the more i loose ive been told only 2 have food no more than 3 grams of fat but i still go over a bit my diet is cornflakes with fat free yoghurt 4 weightwatchers cakes carrot or blueberry ones dinner time pitta with salad n fat free dressing tea chicken /salmon in george forman with steamed veg or savoury rice not havin much fruit now but at least 12 glasses of water i still like bad food but wont touch it now in case i leak grease/fat lol good luck i hope u do well im hoping 2 have lost 6 stone by christmas

• Posted

Tracey, are you still able to get it? I thoguth it had been taken off the market in last 3 months due to liver complication links?
  • Posted

yes coggy i live in the north east of england n i have 2 ring about 60 local chemists but i always manage 2 get them as for my liver fingers crossed doc never said anything wrong yet lol
  • Posted

Hi Tracey

I would check with your Gp as i believe it should have been stopped until further notice. I know our patients are no longer being prescribed it down south

Ali

• Posted

I was prescribed it yesterday (im in the south of England)

I am still re-searching if I want to take it or not... I'm trying to eat low fat anyway so will it really help ?

If you keep within the guidelines (or thereabouts) how bad are the side effects ?

Thanks

p.s. Tracey - I messaged you on FB, hope that's ok x

• Posted

hi yes its fine im sorry ive just spotted ya message well im still on tablets but since september ive been off them 3 times for holidays ive lost 65 n half pound things not goin as planned but its my own fault lol i went 2 docs n i had put 5 lbs on but remember we all need a life lol tryin 2 be good 4 christmas one day i will be a model take care bye x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.