Is this oral thrush?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve noticed the papillae at the back of my tongue are white when I haven’t brushed for a few hours and there like a greenish tint at the back before I brush, is this thrush?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure.  Your tongue looks pretty normal and similar to how my tongue normally looks.  Do you have health anxiety or stress at all?  Maybe can be caused by that.

• Posted

Well I had protected sex with a hooker like a month back and ever since I’ve been super vigilant for anything that looks or feels even a little weird on my body. I noticed recently too that when I try to stick my toothbrush in the back of my throat my epiglottis(that’s that flap that closes your wind pipe when you want to swallow) is in the way, dont know if that’s normal
    • Posted

I'm no doctor but your tongue looks healthy to me.  I don't think you have any STD in your mouth.  Some people can see there epiglottis and some people can't.  I think everyone is different.  Do you have a sore throat?  What does the wall of your throat look like?

• Posted

No I don’t have a sore throat and the wall of my throat is normal, it has a couple of visible blood vessels in it but I think that’s normal.
    • Posted

I'm sure your fine.  Don't stress over it.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.