Is this osteomyelitis?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I dont know what this is but I am in extreme pain. I broke both my heels in a bad fall a few months ago.I had surgery and metal plates and screws put in . Then I had a cast that was too tight it was real agony for months. The pain in my right foot started about a month after surgery. Now I am in boots and am using crutches but am in so much pain just going a short distance to the toilet. I am taking pain killers but am still shuddering in pain. It has also been burning hot and had to use ice packs. It has also been swollen. I cant move my toes or foot and my last two toes are numb. I have had blood tests which show no sign of infection and recent x rays are not showing much either. I am very worried this is however osteomyelitis. I am allergic to nuclear scan and with so much metalwork I am not sure if I can do mri. Also with so much metal it may effect a ct scan. I am going to ask the doctor for a ct scan . I hear it is hard to diagnose. The pain is rediculous and my other foot is fine. It feels like an impossible situation.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.