Is This Pain Normal

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am having  constant pain in my belly button incision.

Is it normal  to have constant pain ?     I'm also now getting pain

in my right ribs .  The gas pains in my back and shoulders  are unpleasant  but it's  the bellybutton pain that's  bothering  me .   It  hurts when sitting,  lying down,  walking makes  it  worse.    I should  imagine it eases

but  would  like  others  experiences. 

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Mines was really sore for a good few weeks but my bellybutton incision actually tore open and got infected. Make sure it’s not red and oozing anything as it may be infected. But otherwise yeah it’s normal. My incisions were very sensitive as well. Remember you’re only 2 days in so give yourself a good 2 weeks to start to feel slightly normal again. I wasn’t able to lie down properly for a week so slept half sitting up. Short walks to disperse the gas does help and eating little and often as well. Hope everything heals ok and you start to feel better soon 💖💖 xx

• Posted

Thanks  scottie,   it's not oozing  and only the redness you would expect after  

surgery , it's just sooo sore and the painkillers  aren't helping  much.

I think I'm frightening myself by thinking it's a bile leak , will have to stop reading  ! Xx

• Posted

Day 2 or 3 is when I found the sorest and painkillers weren’t helping. I ended up getting a hot water bottle and holding it on my stomach. Sneezing or coughing or going to the toilet I held a pillow against my stomach. Think because it’s laparoscopic surgery and only small wounds you forget it’s a major op! xx
  • Posted

I've  got a cough and  OMG the  pain feels like all my stitches

are being ripped apart .     I don't feel that I can heal while I'm coughing.   😭

• Posted

hi hope your feeling ok.. my stitches have been sore to. Think it's normal I've got a blistery thing on my wound it's where the square stitch is.. hope it's ok😥

• Posted

Hi,   I didn't think it would be this painful !    Hospital didn't really tell me what to expect.      Painkillers not  helping. 

• Posted

I rang the ward and was told to take more  morphine. I upped my

dose to 7ml and it knocked me out.   Woke up to go to the bathroom  and the 

pain is just as bad !   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.