Is this Pancreatic Cancer ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 37 year old mom and my health seems to have really gone downhill in the past one month .I have had an upset stomach (though no pale stools ),dull pain below the left breast bone and back after eating .I am gaseous and burping a lot  ...My biggest worry is my left leg has also been aching and my body feels like it is on fire .I get tingling and muscle spasms in my legs at night .All this seems to point to pancreatic cancer .I am worried sick .I have a ct scan with contrast scheduled for today though I almost feel I already know the results .please help!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try not to worry too much .... I know that's hard to do! 

There are quite a few other conditions that have symptoms the same. 

Have you lost weight without trying? Have you got anemia or yellowing to the eyes or skin? It does also affect your bowel movements too.

It could be loads of other things

Ibs

Gallbladder

Hiatal hernia

Chron's

Let them do the scans and checks and hopefully you'll get some peace of mind very soon.

Best of luck xx 

• Posted

DeeDee,

I'm really sorry you're so scared,  and going through all this. It's always easy for someone to tell you not to worry. 

Having your health go downhill suddenly is always scary. There could be many things it is. It might be something small that can be treated. Try not to go to the absolute worst case scenario. I have had a host of pancreatic issues but never the burning leg and body pain. That sounds like something else all together.  I don't want to start throwing out guesses, but my sister has a condition that gives her that same burning pain.

I'm so glad you're having a test today and under a doctor's care. Good luck and please keep us posted. I am relatively new on here but everyone seems to really care and offer support. 

Feel better and let us know. 

Sonya

• Posted

Thank you both of you for your concern .The ct scan has come back normal and so has the ca 19.9 test .The doctor is clueless as to what it is and has ordered a endoscopy now .

My bowel moments are absolutely normal and sink to the bottom (sorry for being gross )

My LUQ starts paining immediately after putting food in my mouth and sometimes pains when I haven't eaten for longer periods and is relieved by eating ..Hope to get a diagnosis soon ...its been over a month running around doctors and I am getting slightly depressed .

• Posted

Don't be stressed out. You put your organs under a lot of stress just by stressing out.

Have peace and joy like the Lord, Jesus said.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.