Is this Pancreatic Cancer or something less sinister I hate? ( Google )

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all I'm 46years old and I'm worried as to what's wrong with me . About 6 years ago I was regularly out on the town, I was in my early 40's and drinking quite heavily once or twice a week, then about 2 or 3 years ago I noticed that certain greasy foods were giving me quite severe stomach pains while I was eating them (Macdonalds , Kfc , burgers and kebabs , you get the idea, all the wholesome foods lol). I done nothing about it for ages then in June this year I visited my GP about it, who thought I was getting acid reflux and prescribed Lansoprazole but also sent me for blood tests and an abdominal Ultrasound. I didn't go along with acid reflux theory but none the less took the tablets. Then all of a sudden I started getting upper central chest pains front and back and lost my appetite, also I got an almost unrelenting left hand mid back pain, it was dull but noticeable.

I went away on holiday for five nights and hardly ate anything for 3 days, then when I did eat I ended up with very pale stools then severe diarrhea followed by heavy amounts of mucus . My pooh also had a chemical smell about it, it's a smell I've smelt before but can't name it. Anyway after diarrhea which lasted for the best part of 5 days it stopped with Imodium. However from that point on I'd get diarrhea once or twice a week and my stools would keep changing colour, from normal brown to very pale, sometimes both in one sitting. Sometimes pale floater and normal sinkers in one sitting. Also I have this bitter taste in my mouth (from time to time) and my pee changes colour a lot from almost clear to darker shade of yellow.

I've had full blood tests twice both of which come back normal, also an abdominal ultrasound revealed nothing . In fact the only test I've failed was elevated faecal Calprotectin (bowel inflammation). I lost a fair amount of weight initially but it has stabilised now and I have some of my appetite back too. Now in the back of my mind going back a couple of years I had the possibility that the stomach pains with greasy food could be Pancreatic Cancer, More recently too the other symptoms also have an element of Pancreatic Cancer (mainly thanks to Google). However my GP says it's highly unlikely as I haven't got typical symptoms , and I'm too young , she has referred me to G.I.

Hmmm I'm not too sure , believe me I don't want it, but it seems a bit of a coincidence that both my Long term problem and recent symptoms have PC in common. My liver function test is good , no sign of diabetes or jaundice . I stopped the lansoprazole a couple of weeks ago but I'm on betablockers and antidepressants for the anxiety, personally I'd rather have an earlier G.I appointment but unfortunately the tablets will have to do until then. Can anyone cast any light one way or other please, it's driving me insane with worry . Thanks Jim

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi jimbo. Did you ever get any answers to what is causing your symptoms. I am going through almost the same as you.
  • Posted

Hi yes I would  love to know to know outcome, I have the same symptoms as all of you too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.